We continue with #Choctoberfest2017 ! I am thrilled to be apart of a fantastic group of bloggers bringing amazing chocolate recipes this week! Today I bring Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheese Bundt Cake! I can’t thank the sponsors would of #Choctoberfest2017 enough! This recipe is possible thanks to our Gold Sponsor Imperial Sugar and Barlean’s! Also our fabulous shout out sponsors, Rodelle.
Disclaimer: Although I was given products from the sponsors, all opinions and recipes are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who keep me in the kitchen!
I do a lot of scratch baking! My friends are always apologizing for using a boxed mix. I keep saying stop, I definitely use box mixes a lot. I just don’t tell anyone! Sssh, don’t tell them, please! What I do though, is doctor up box cake recipes to look like a from scratch recipe! Thus we have today’s Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheese Bundt Cake! It is absolutely one of my most favorite no-brainer recipes and it is super delicious!
I don’t know many people who doesn’t love chocolate! I truly enjoy a tasty chocolate snack! Anyone who has been following along with me knows my philosophy, moderation! I believe in eating healthy and eating a well balanced variety of food! That is what works wonderfully for me and my family! We also enjoy dessert! As I have often said, I am a cook who enjoys baking but cooking is way easier for me to bake also! I do love to scratch cook a dessert because of the satisfaction of finally figuring out the calculations of ingredients. Realistically, I do not always have time for that, especially when I have a list of non-dessert that need to be created! Thus we have this amazingly delicious Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheese Bundt Cake!
Making Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheese Bundt Cake:
- For a quickie dessert, this is a go-to using a Devil’s Food boxed cake mix.
- If you have time, using your preferred chocolate cake recipe works well.
- I use low-fat cream cheese to cut down on calories. Don’t use fat-free it does not bake well.
- the cream cheese center is a yummy blend of cream cheese, chocolate chips, and unsweetened coconut, yum.
I used each of these wonderful product in the making of my fabulous dessert, Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheese Bundt Cake!
Remember to enter to win some amazing prizes below. Also, my recipe for Easy Turkey Pumpkin Chocolate Chili is getting rave reviews from those who have made it. I hope you give it a go! At the bottom of this weeks links, there are links to other great recipes from bloggers. If you search #Choctoberfest2017 in any social media you can see more tasty recipes.
Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
A delicious dessert that is super easy to prepare. The cake has a Devil's food base and has a coconut cream cheese swirl! Your family will think you spent hours in the kitchen with this delicious dessert!
Prepare the cake
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter flavored coconut oil, melted *I use Barlean's
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup water
Coconut Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cups confectioners sugar I use Imperial Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder I use Rodelle
- 2 Tablespoons butter flavored coconut oil, melted I use Barlean's
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3-5 Tablespoons water
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt cake pan with butter flavored non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Make the cake batter
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, butter flavored coconut oil, unsweetened apple sauce and water. Beat on low speed for one minute. Increase to high speed for another minute. Pour batter into the bundt cake pan and set aside.
Coconut Cream Cheese Filling
In a medium bowl add cream cheese, sugar, egg, and pure vanilla extract. Beat until smooth. Add in the coconut flakes and chocolate chips and stir to combine.Spoon the filling onto the chocolate batter. Make sure the filling does not touch the sides.
Bake for about 50 minutes. Check with a toothpick to ensure toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a cooling rack and set aside.
Blend and whisk together confectioner's sugar, cocoa powder, butter flavored coconut oil, vanilla extract, and 3 Tablespoons water. Add a bit more water if needed to make a glaze for the cake.
Place the cake on platter. Drizzle the glaze onto the cake. Serve and enjoy.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
These are the fabulous gifts in the giveaway:
You can also enter to win our #Choctoberfest prize pack. Thank to our amazing sponsors who are contributing the following items for the prize:
- $100 gift card to Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 1 case of granulated white sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of light brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), and 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds) from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint from our silver sponsor Barlean’s
- 300-piece Lindt LINDOR Truffles gift bag (you choose the flavors!) from blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen
Checkout all the amazing recipes from these amazing bloggers participating in #Choctoberfest2017! You can follow along with their posts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook by searching #Choctoberfest2017!
Check out the fantastic recipes from today @Choctoberfest2017 bloggers!