Hello #Choctoberfest2017 ! I am thrilled to be apart of a fantastic group of bloggers bringing amazing chocolate recipes this week! Thus this brings the most delicious Easy Turkey Pumpkin Chocolate Chili! This is a unique combo of sweet and savory but let me assure you, this is yummo! I would like to thank all the sponsors of #Choctoberfest2017, our Gold Sponsor Imperial Sugar and also Barlean’s! Also our fabulous shout out sponsors, Rodelle and Davis Chocolate!
Disclaimer: Although I was given products from the sponsors, all opinions and recipes are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who keep me in the kitchen!
The fam was seriously not looking forward to helping me with this one! They thought it was a bit odd! I reviewed with them, their love of Mole, which uses Mexican chocolate! We have also had some savory beef recipes that have had chocolate added and they were wonderful so why not try Easy Turkey Pumpkin Chocolate Chili! I didn’t back down and truth be told, I was right, this chili is epic!
The hubs cracks me up! I give him a run through of what I am experimenting on for the week. We both know he isn’t always listening so he when he says, yes all sounds great! He’s then eating tofu,chick peas and quinoa…. Yes, we eat everything, a few times before it is published! So It has to be a unanimous thumbs up before a recipe is posted! So again, back to the chili, my first round with the family was during game day! He asked, is this your regular chili, me – YUP! He loved it as did the rest of the crowd!
Everyday Eileen tip: I tested freezing the chili and it was perfect! This would be great using leftover turkey after Thanksgiving! I always have a lot of pumpkin then too! Slow cooker friendly too!
Health benefits of Easy Turkey Pumpkin Chocolate Chili:
- Use lean ground turkey, low-fat, low-calorie, high in protien.
- Pumpkin is loaded with Vitamin C, perfect to aid in keeping colds away.
- Fiber aids the digestive system and Pumpkin has a nice amount for the body.
- I love Cocoa because it aids in the reduction of high blood pressure and cholesterol.
I made this delicious Easy Turkey Pumpkin Chocolate Chili quite a few times on the stove top. If making in the slow cooker, brown the turkey meat first. Add browned meat and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, Cook about 4 hours on low, 8 hours on high. We had this again over the weekend! My son was looking to heat some up for a late night snack! Quite disappointed, there was none left! I know its a keeper, he asked can I make it again this week! Absolutely!
I just love the combo of ground turkey, turkey sausage, pumpkin and cocoa! Top it off with the spices and this is one fantastic chili! This is not crazy spicy! If you want really spicy add more Chili Powder and also try Easy Chipotle Chili! The meal starts by using Barlean’s amazing butter flavored coconut oil! This is a fantastic product that is a fabulous healthier replacement to butter.
This yummy Easy Turkey Pumpkin Chocolate Chili has more of a savory flavor with a sweet kick from pumpkin puree and cocoa powder! The sweetness balanced from the smoked paprika,chili powder and cumin. The heat gets a balance from the cinnamon! Oh, just give it a go and you will not be sorry! We had one of my favorite cocktails Skinny Pineapple Mango Frozen Margarita with Chili Salt Rim! The skinny margarita pairs really well this and any chili! Okay, actually any meal!
Easy Turkey Pumpkin Chocolate Chili
This is a savory chili filled with delicious flavor! The chili is not overly spicy and has a hint of sweetness from the cocoa and cinnamon. The flavors marry well into a fantastic chili with unique flavors that are always a hit with family and friends.
- 1 Tablespoon Barlean's butter flavored coconut oil see notes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 pound turkey sausage, removed from casings
- 1 bottle dark ale or pumpkin beer see notes
- 2 cups pumpkin puree, canned or homemade
- 16 ounce can of spicy Chili Beans
- 19 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes (2) 14.5 ounce cans
- 15.5 ounce can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4.5 ounce can of chopped green chiles
- 4 ounce can of tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons Rodelle cocoa powder see notes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Hot Mexican Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
Heat a stockpot or soup pot over medium heat. Add butter flavored coconut oil. Once melted add in the onions and pepper. Saute for about 4 minutes to soften the veggies. Add in the garlic and saute another minute.
To the pot, add the ground turkey and sausage to brown. Be sure to crumble the sausage as you brown the meats. Once browned, remove any excess fat from the pot.
Stir in the ale, pumpkin puree, spicy Chili beans, fire roasted diced tomatoes, chopped green chiles, tomato paste, cocoa powder, Hot Mexican chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, dried oregano, and cinnamon. Add in salt and pepper, to taste.
Reduce heat to low. Let simmer for about 1 hour. Stir occasionally. After one hour, check seasonings and adjust if needed. Serve with your favorite garnishments for chili avocado, sour cream, guacamole. shredded cheese, green onions and cilantro. Can be re-heated and served later.
- I use a dark ale or pumpkin beer. Chicken stock or veggie stock can be used.
- I use Rodelle Baking Cocoa Powder, can use another cocoa powder.
- I love using Barlean's butter flavored coconut oil. Can use regular coconut oil, olive oil, or butter.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
- This chili freezes well and also is awesome made ahead and re-heated when ready to eat.
Okay my friends, before you run to the kitchen and make this yummy chili, let’s review #Choctoberfest2017 and the awesome giveaways from our amazing sponsors!
These are the fabulous gifts in the giveaway:
You can also enter to win our #Choctoberfest prize pack. Thank to our amazing sponsors who are contributing the following items for the prize:
- $100 gift card to Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 1 case of granulated white sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of light brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), and 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds) from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint from our silver sponsor Barlean’s
- 300-piece Lindt LINDOR Truffles gift bag (you choose the flavors!) from blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen
The above give-away is now over!
#Choctoberfest2017 began yesterday! Checkout the amazing recipes from some of my favorite blogger friends from yesterday here!
Save this delicious Easy Turkey Pumpkin Chocolate Chili to your favorite Pinterest board HERE!!!
Check out all the amazing recipes from these amazing bloggers participating in #Choctoberfest2017! You can follow along with their posts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook by searching #Choctoberfest2017!