Classic Macaroni Salad is the most popular salad at summer barbecues! I make a low-fat and low-calorie, lighter homemade macaroni salad full of flavor and loads of veggies. I use low-fat mayo and low-fat sour cream to make a delicious dressing for the Lighter Homemade Macaroni Salad!
Macaroni salad is a personal favorite! However, it must be homemade! I cannot eat store-bought, loaded with mayo, macaroni salad! Thus,I give you, my Lighter Homemade Macaroni Salad ! I have a few variations of my macaroni salad. This is my original homemade macaroni salad, lightened up! I use a ton of peppers, light mayo and low-fat sour cream! Easy – peasy, a family favorite!
I decided to share my mac salad after I had made this macaroni salad for a friend! She had never made homemade macaroni salad! Yikes, I know, holy cow! My macaroni salad is so easy to prepare! So much better than store-bought. I use low-fat ingredients and load up on veggies in the salad. Perfect for family gatherings, Fourth of July, BBQ’s, and great for tailgating! A great way to enjoy a macaroni salad with low-fat ingredients.
Planning a BBQ, make this delicious Lighter Homemade Macaroni Salad! Need some ideas to go along with this :
- Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken
- Spicy Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Having a brunch, make Lighter Homemade Macaroni Salad and pair with:
- Apricot Bourbon Maple Glazed Ham
- Healthy Vegetable Egg Muffin Cups
- Coconut – Cucumber Splash
- How To Make The Perfect Bloody Mary
SHARE YOUR PICTURES OF ANY OF MY RECIPES ON INSTAGRAM! USE #everydayeileen AND I LOVE TO SEE AND SHARE YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM!!
SAVE THIS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS! I HOPE YOU FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST! I’M ALWAYS PINNING FROM TALENTED AND AMAZING BLOGGERS!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER TO NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Lighter Homemade Macaroni Salad
A lightened up version of classic macaroni salad. Use low-fat ingredients and lots of veggies to make a delicious salad. Great for summer BBQ's and family gatherings, and tailgating.. Great make ahead side dish. P
- 1 pound pasta
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon White wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 large orange pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
Cook the pasta according to the package. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine and mix low-fat mayo, low-fat sour cream, Dijon mustard,white wine vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
Add to the bowl, cooked pasta, peppers, and carrots. Mix to combine all ingredients. Check seasoning and adjust if needed.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Feel free to use fat-free Greek yogurt in lieu of the sour cream.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.