What can I say about a fantastic tasting slaw with great asian flavors – bring on Asian Cole Slaw! My family loves Asian flavors. In the summer months we love anything spicy on the grill and always have a cool accompaniment, like cole slaw! Thus my Asian Cole Slaw!! I made this as a side to my Mango BBQ Pork Chops! It was delish! The slaw is light and crunchy and wonderful on a hot summer day or to remind you of summer during the winter months. I sliced the veggies by hand – but a mandolin is great and you can even buy the diced carrots in the store if you are pressed for time. This is a great slaw that I also use on fish and pork tacos I hope you enjoy this as much as my family!
Asian Cole Slaw
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 2 whole , sliced green onions
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbls mirin
- 1 tsp agave
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamarind depending on your dietary needs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1 cup finey chopped green cabbage
- 4 cups finely chopped napa cabbage
- 2 cups finely chopped red cabbage
- 2 whole carrots julienne into 2 in. matchsticks
- 1 whole red pepper julienned into 2 in. matchsticks
In a food processor, combine the garlic, green onion, ginger, mirin, agave, rice wine vinegar, light soy sauce, and peanut butter. Add salt and pepper to your taste Blend till smooth.
In a large bowl, combine the shredded green cabbage, nappa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, and red pepper.
Add the sauce to the shredded veggies and combine well. Let it set for at least 2 hours - can be made a day ahead!