What can I say about a fantastic tasting slaw with great asian flavors - bring on Asian Cole Slaw! My family loves Asian flavors. In the summer months we love anything spicy on the grill and always have a cool accompaniment, like cole slaw! Thus my Asian Cole Slaw!! I made this as a side to my Mango BBQ Pork Chops! It was delish! The slaw is light and crunchy and wonderful on a hot summer day or to remind you of summer during the winter months. I sliced the veggies by hand - but a mandolin is great and you can even buy the diced carrots in the store if you are pressed for time. This is a great slaw that I also use on fish and pork tacos I hope you enjoy this as much as my family!
Asian Cole Slaw
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 2 whole , sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 Tbls mirin
- 1 teaspoon agave
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamarind depending on your dietary needs
- ½ cup peanut butter
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 1 cup finey chopped green cabbage
- 4 cups finely chopped napa cabbage
- 2 cups finely chopped red cabbage
- 2 whole carrots julienne into 2 in. matchsticks
- 1 whole red pepper julienned into 2 in. matchsticks
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, green onion, ginger, mirin, agave, rice wine vinegar, light soy sauce, and peanut butter. Add salt and pepper to your taste Blend till smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded green cabbage, nappa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, and red pepper.
- Add the sauce to the shredded veggies and combine well. Let it set for at least 2 hours - can be made a day ahead!