I love summer grilling!! Mangos are on sale and I love them in so many recipes. I buy mangos up when they are on sale and I slice up the extra mangos to freeze and use in different recipes. I like to double or even triple this Mango BBQ Sauce and freeze the extra for future use. This BBQ sauce is sweet with a little tang from the paprika and cumin. I made this with pork chops ~ its also great with chicken. My kids love a little of the BBQ sauce on the side to re-dip their meat into during the meal! I hope you all enjoy this one! If you have any extra BBQ sauce left over, it is great to freeze for another day. Happy Grilling!!
Mango BBQ Pork Chops
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 whole diced onion
- 2 mangoes, cubed
- 2 cups low salt ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 6-8 boneless pork chops
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan. Add the garlic and onions until they are translucent - about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the diced mangos to the pan and stir for about another 2 minutes. This will release some of the juices of the mango.
- Then stir in the ketchup, molasses,worcheshirie, paprika, and cumin. Add the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Remove from the heat and tranfer to a blender. Blend until it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Heat up the grill to medium heat, I like to spray the grill with non-stick spray. Once heated, place the pork chops on the grill. Depending on the size of the chop, usual total cook time is about 15 minutes. My chops were about 1 inch thick. I usually cook the chops for about 3 minutes and rotate 45 degrees to get nice grill marks on the chops. Then brush the top of each chop with the mango BBQ sauce.
- After about 6 minutes, flip the pork chops on the grill and baste the mango BBQ sauce on the cooked side of the chops. Pork chops should be done in about another 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook!