Lemon Yogurt Cake
Lemon Yogurt Cake is light and fluffy! A perfect addition to your Easter Brunch Menu! Perfect for spring and summer festivities! Bring to a baby shower, Mother Day, potluck supper!
Servings 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Stonyfield plain yogurt, fat-free
- 1 large egg,
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups confectioners sugar, unsifted
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemon zest optional
- 6 slices candied lemon or fresh lemon wedges, garnish optional
How to Make Lemon Yogurt Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Insert a Silpat 8-inch round mat into an 8-inch round cake pan. If a Silpat is unavailable, spray with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
In a small bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla.
Fold in the dry ingredients into the yogurt mix. Don't overmix. Blend till moist.
Place in the 8-inch round cake pan and bake for 30 minutes. Toothpick should come out of center clean when cake is done. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool.
How to Make Lemon Glaze
In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until the sugar is combined. Let cool.
Once glaze is cool, use a pastry brush to spread the glaze on the cake, include the sides of the cake.
In a small bowl combine confectioners sugar, lemon juice, lemon extract, and if using lemon zest.
Spoon the icing onto the center of the cake. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the top of the cake. It will drip down the side of the cake in spots.
Feel free to use candied lemons to decorate the top of the cake or fresh lemon slices.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.1mg