Ricotta Tomato Tart
A delicious light Ricotta Tomato Tart! Filled with a Ricotta Cream with a homemade Basil Pesto! Perfect for an Easter Brunch, Mother's Day, light lunch or dinner!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 Wewalka puff pastry
- 1 cup low-fat Ricotta Cheese full-fat ricotta cheese can be used
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto Note 3
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced thin Note 1
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, garnish optional
- 1 egg, whisked
- a dash of salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roll out the pastry puff on a large baking sheet. Fold in the edge in around the puff pastry about 1/2 inch. This forms the edge of the tart.
In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, basil pesto, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Spread the ricotta cheese mixture into the puff pastry. Cover the puff pastry with the tomatoes. Sprinkle entire mixture with black pepper
Use a pastry brush to brush the rim of the pastry with the egg wash.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Edges should be brown and center cooked through. Slice and serve.
Note 1: Use your favorite tomatoes. Yellow and Red heirlooms are used for this recipe.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 1.4mg