Baja Shrimp Taco Bowl Recipe
Baja Shrimp Tacos made with better for you ingredients for a flavorful dinner loaded with great flavor. Grilled Baja Shrimp served over cauliflower rice and topped with avocado yogurt sauce.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Baja Shrimp Marinade
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Avocado Yogurt Dressing
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- black pepper and salt, to taste
How to make cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 large cauliflower or 4 cups store made cauliflower rice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded red and green cabbage Note 1
- 1 teaspoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained Note 2
- 2 cup frozen corn Note 3
- 2 avocado, sliced optional
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro optional
- 2 stalks chopped green onion optional
How to make Baja Shrimp Marinade
In a medium bowl, combine Mazola® Corn Oil, lime juice, minced garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt.
Add the peeled shrimp to the marinade. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
Place bowl in fridge for about 30 minutes to marinate the shrimp.
How to Grill Baja Shrimp
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium/high heat. Once hot, reduce heat to medium.
Remove shrimp from marinade. Pat dry.
Place on grill or grill pan for about 3 minutes.
Flip shrimp and cook another 2-3 minutes until shrimp cooked through.
Shrimp will be pink. Remove shrimp, set aside till ready to assemble shrimp taco boat.
How to make the Avocado Yogurt Dressing
In the base of a blender, add in avocado, Greek Yogurt, fresh lime juice, water, Apple Cider Vinegar, Mazola® Corn Oil, and black pepper and salt, to taste.
Blend until smooth. Taste the dressing. Adjust any seasoning, if necessary.
How to make Cauliflower Cilantro Rice
Follow instructions in Cauliflower Tabbouleh to make riced cauliflower or use store bought.
Over medium heat, add corn oil. Stir in cauliflower rice and stir for a few minutes. Add in lime juice and chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Cauliflower cooks in about 8 minutes
How to heat black beans and corn
Add corn oil to a saute pan and heat, add in the black beans and corn to warm through.
Remove, set aside until assembling the taco bowl.
How to assemble Baja Shrimp Taco Bowls
Divide cauliflower rice in 4 bowls.
Place the shredded cabbage in each bowl.
Add black beans to each bowl. Then the corn.
Divide the shrimp between the bowls.
Top each bowl with Avocado Yogurt Dressing. optional - sprinkle fresh cilantro and green onions on the Baja Shrimp Bowls
Note 1: Pickled cabbage can be used. Note 2: Use your favorite canned bean. Always rinse and drain the beans before use. Note 3: Defrost the frozen beans or use fresh or canned corn. If using canned corn, drain and rinse corn. Nutritional facts do not include optional garnish for the taco bowls
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 636kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 287mg | Sodium: 1567mg | Potassium: 1493mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1185IU | Vitamin C: 50.2mg | Calcium: 267mg | Iron: 6.4mg