Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Fluffy and moist strawberry lemonade cupcakes are the perfect treat for any day! Enjoy the flavors of your favorite lemonade in a cupcake. Perfect for beach parties, showers, picnics, pot lucks!
Servings 18 cupcakes
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup strawberry puree (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon Adam's vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Adam's lemon extract
- 1/2 lemon, juiced Note 1
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- Sweets and Treats pink sprinkles
- strawberry and lemon wedge
- 10- 14 fresh strawberries, cut in half
Dry Ingredients for Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Wet ingredients for Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
In a large bowl or electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until blended well.
Add eggs, one at a time.
Blend in vanilla extract and strawberry puree.
Fold in half of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients to blend.
Add in remaining flour mixture. into the strawberry mix to incorporate remaining flour mix.
Fold in diced strawberries.
Divide batter evenly between the cupcake liners.
Bake for 15-24 minutes. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Let cupcakes cool completely before icing.
Homemade Lemon Buttercream Frosting
In a medium bowl, beat confectioner sugar and butter until mixed.
Add in lemon extract, lemon juice, and 2 Tablespoons milk. Blend until smooth. Add another Tablespoon of milk if needed for consistency to decorate cupcakes. Note 2
Decorate cupcakes using your favorite decorating tip. Top with strawberries slices, lemon wedges and sprinkles.
No decorating tip, use a knife to spread frosting on the cupcakes.
Note 1: Use half the lemon for the buttercream. The second half of lemon slice and use as garnish for cupcakes.
Note 2: Usually 2 Tablespoons of milk does the trick for decorating with a tip and decorating bag.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 1cupcake | Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg