My Favorite Superfood Detox Salad
A salad filled with kale, spinach, brussels sprouts, shredded carrots, farro, and walnuts! Topped with a homemade lemon vinaigrette! The possibilities are endless with this salad! This is great as a main meal or a side salad! I have also doubled the vinaigrette and marinated either chicken or shrimp to add into the salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 6 servings
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup farro, cooked cooked according to package
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 whole avocado, pitted and sliced garnish for salad
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts garnish for salad
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tamari or light soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- zest from 1 lemon, chopped
Cook the farro according to the instructions on the box. Set aside.
To assemble the salad, combine the baby spinach, kale, brussels sprouts, red cabbage, carrots, and red onions. Set aside
Place the greens, red cabbage, carrots, and red onions into individual salad bowls. Top each salad with the cooked farro, blueberries, avocado,and walnuts
Top each salad with the Lemon Vinaigrette, recipe below.
To make the vinaigrette, combine in a mason jar( or a bowl that has a lid) minced garlic, dijon mustard, agave, tahini paste, water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, tamari, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
Place top on jar and shake well to combine all ingredients. Check seasoning and adjust if needed. Set aside
- When I make the salad in advance for the week. I combine the greens, brussels sprouts, red cabbage, and carrots.
- I keep the red onions, farro, blueberries,avocado, and walnuts separate. I add these as needed for individual salads during the week.
- The cook time represents approximate time how the farro will need to cook.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 6servings | Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 863mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 10450IU | Vitamin C: 104.8mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 3.2mg