Detox Lemon Ginger Green Tea
A tasty green tea that has so many health benefits! Filled with antioxidants from the green tea, ginger, and cayenne pepper
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 2 cups
- 2 cups water
- 2 tea bags green tea
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon raw honey note 1
In a teapot or saucepan, over medium heat combine the water, green tea bags, lemon juice, chopped ginger, ground cayenne pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, and honey or agave.
Bring to a boil, turn heat down to simmer so flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
Pour into mugs. Can drink hot or refrigerated for later.
- Note 1: Use sweetener of choice or none as I do!
- This is our go-to tea! I tend to use loose tea or dried flowers to make my tea. I use a tea ball to hold the herb. Regular green tea bags will work also!
- Keep it Vegan by either using Agave. Test the tea, you may not need a sweetener. Lately, I don't sweeten at all.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 1kcal | Sodium: 12mg | Calcium: 8mg