Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
Butternut squash and sweet potato soup is super creamy without any cream! A fantastic and nutritious meal for any night and perfect for any Holiday meal!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large butternut squash peeled and diced to one cubes
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced into one cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Roasted Seasoned Squash Seeds garnish
Heat a Dutch over medium heat, Add in onions and saute for about 2 minutes, onions will be translucent.
Add in garlic and stir for about another minute.
To the pot, add cubed butternut squash, sweet potatoes, vegetable stock, cinnamon, ground black pepper, and salt.
Simmer for about 45 minutes. Squash and potatoes should be fork tender.
Use an emulsion blender to puree the soup. Can use a blender also. NOTE: if using a blender, puree soup in batches. Be careful, as the soup is hot. Use a towel to hold over cover while blending the soup.
Check the seasoning and adjust, if needed.
Soup is ready to serve. Can be kept in the fridge for about 4 days.
Soup also freezes well.
- Any nutritional value used is an estimate. These figures can change based on ingredients and portion size
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 17kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0mg