Easy Greek Chicken Salad
Easy Greek Chicken Salad is made with a marinade that I use a portion for the chicken breasts! I reserve the rest to blend with the greens and veggies! A great make ahead salad for meal planning and perfect for a mason jar salad!
Servings 5 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
To assemble the salad
- 8 cups salad greens
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
To make the marinade, in a medium bowl combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, Dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.. Whisk to combine the flavors. Check seasoning, adjust if needed. Set bowl aside.
In a glass bowl, add the chicken breasts and 1/3 cup of the marinade/dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to marinate. I prefer at least 4 hours to combine flavors.
To cook the chicken, heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute about 5 minutes per side. Cooked chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove chicken and let cool slightly. Slice into 1 inch pieces.
To assemble the salad, in a large bowl add the salad greens, Roma tomatoes, celery, red onions, Kalamata olives, red peppers, feta cheese, and sliced cooked chicken. Top with remaining salad dressing/marinade.
- When I make this recipe, the amount of dressing I make is more than I need for this salad. I prefer to have leftover dressing to use throughout the week. I use the dressing within 4 days.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
- If you would like to make this a mason jar salad, the ingredients would be, starting at the bottom of the jar: dressing, feta cheese, kalamata olives, tomatoes, celery, onions, pepper, chicken, lettuce. This is how I make it and the ingredients stay fresh.
Serving: 9ounces | Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 490mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3800IU | Vitamin C: 68.5mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2mg