Zucchini Tomato Eggplant Bake
Super easy one pan vegetable bake with the addition of low-fat mozzarella and Parmesan Reggiano. Perfect on its own as an entree. Have this vegetable bake with a loaf of Italian bread to soak up the juices from the veggies. Perfect hot and at room temperature.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 5 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, large peeled and cubed into 1 -inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 6-8 slices low-fat fresh mozzarella cheese sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 green zucchini, sliced, about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a 10-inch round oven-safe pan, over medium heat, add olive oil.
Saute the onion about 1 -2 minutes to sweat the onions.
Add the cubed eggplant and stir frequently until they are soft about 8 minutes.
Stir in the minced garlic, fresh oregano, season to taste with salt and pepper, continue to stir about another 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and top with the low-fat mozzarella cheese slices.
Top the eggplant/cheese mixture with the zucchini and tomatoes, alternate the veggies to cover the eggplant.
Bake for about 25 minutes.
Remove from oven. Top the vegetables with the Parmesan cheese, basil. If needed, season with salt and pepper.
Place back in the oven until cheese melts, about 2 minutes
Ready to serve. Can also be served at room temperature.
- Use heirloom tomatoes or yellow tomatoes when in season.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 5servings | Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 726mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 21.5mg | Calcium: 610mg | Iron: 1.1mg