Detox Blueberry Lemon Ginger Iced Tea
Home-made Blueberry Lemon Ginger Iced Tea is a refreshing and delicious iced tea! The health benefits are amazing, filled with antioxidants which benefit the body! Green tea, fresh blueberries, ginger and lemon juice and lemon zest make a fantastic tea perfect for any day of the week! Great for Fourth of July, Memorial Day and any BBQ all summer! If you are over 21 and prefer a boozy iced tea, feel free to add some bourbon or liquor of choice!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
- 8 cups water
- 6 bags green tea
- 1 pint fresh blueberries can use frozen
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 large lemon, zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- fresh mint, orange slices and blueberries for garnish optional
- Bourbon, for those making a cocktail version optional for adult version only
In a medium pan, over medium heat, add the water, green tea bags, blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, and fresh ginger. Bring to a boil. Use a potato masher and mash the blueberries.
Reduce heat to low. Cover pot and simmer for about 1/2 hour. Remove from heat. Let the mixture rest about another half hour to allow flavors to mix together.
Strain the blueberry mixture through a strainer into a pitcher. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve the iced tea over ice and garnish with orange slices, mint, and blueberries.
- Total time is including the resting time of the iced tea.
- If you would like to slow cook this recipe, at step 1, combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 hours, then mash the blueberries. Let cook another 2 hours. Then continue with step 3.
- This is also amazing as a hot tea!
- Can be stored for about 3 days in the fridge.
- I do not add sugar as I find the recipe sweet enough. Feel free to add a sweetener of choice if you prefer a sweeter tea.
- If you prefer a boozy Iced Tea for an adult party, add a shot of bourbon to the single serving glass of iced tea and mix well!
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0.2mg