Kale and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates
A tasty and healthy salad loaded with kale and quinoa. Easy and quick to prepare and adding in pomegranates and goat cheese makes this a balanced meal! I top this salad with a champagne vinaigrette.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa can use any type quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 8 cups kale, washed well and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 whole shallot, minced
- 1 whole pomegranate, use arils
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
To a blender, add diced shallots, minced garlic , dijon mustard, champagne vinegar, agave, pepper, and salt. Blend well until smooth. Slowly stream in the avocado oil into the blender to emulsify the salad dressing, Set aside.
In a large salad bowl combine kale and shallots. Drizzle some of the Champagne Vinaigrette over the greens. Massage the vinaigrette into the greens to soften the kale.
To the bowl of kale, add the quinoa, pomegranate arils, and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle some more of the champagne vinaigrette on the salad. Toss well and serve.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Serving: 8servings | Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 376mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6765IU | Vitamin C: 80.6mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1.5mg