Grilled Chicken Asparagus Salad
A layered salad made with Chicken and Asparagus and a bunch of tasty ingredients to make a delicious dinner for any night of the week. Full of flavor from a lemon basil vinaigrette that the chicken and asparagus are marinated in for a bit. Loaded with veggies and flavor.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
marinate 30 minutes
Total Time 26 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 pound asparagus
- 8 ounces feta cheese
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled chopped
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 4 ounces basil leaves, about 15 leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To Make Basil Vinaigrette
Add to a blender, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, shallot, water, basil leaves, honey, Dijon vinegar, black pepper, and salt. Pulse to combine all ingredients.
How To Grill Boneless Chicken
Clean grill grates and brush with olive oil or spray with nonstick spray.Preheat grill to 550 degrees.
Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Add to grill, reduce heat to around 400-450 degrees. Let chicken cook until temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove chicken and let rest.
To Make the Layered Grilled Chicken Asparagus Salad
Using a large glass bowl, begin to build the salad. Spinach, carrots, cucumbers, bacon, feta, tomatoes, grilled asparagus, grilled chicken.
Serve with the basil lemon vinaigrette.
- 5 Smart Points Weight Watchers
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 1116mg | Potassium: 1139mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 8595IU | Vitamin C: 32.3mg | Calcium: 409mg | Iron: 5.2mg