Cheesy Foil Packet Potatoes
Campfire potatoes being wrapped to make foil packets to be placed on the grill to make Cheesy Foil Packet Potatoes.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 Idaho potatoes, cleaned and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 Vidalia onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig fresh Rosemary optional
- 3 Tablespoons Barlean's coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 large piece of aluminum foil
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded Colby Jack/ cheddar cheese
Pre-heat grill to 550 degrees.
Place a large piece of aluminum foil on a solid surface. Spray with nonstick spray. Add the cut potato slices, diced onions, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, a sprig of rosemary, and Barlean's coconut oil flavored with butter or olive oil. Mix ingredients well.
Fold the aluminum foil down as in pictures above..like wrapping a present.
Reduce heat on the grill to 424 degrees. Place the foil packet potatoes on the grill and let roast about 25 minutes.
Open the foil packet, potatoes should be tender. Sprinkle the cheese on the potatoes and let melt. About 1 more minute. Serve and enjoy!
- Keep the potato slices uniform to maintain even cooking.
- The size of the potatoes and your grill heat can affect the cooking time. Please check the potatoes after 20 minutes and every 5 minutes after that time.
- If these grilled potatoes were being made in the oven, preheat oven to 400 degrees and cook potatoes for about 20 - 30 minutes once. When potatoes are cooked, add the cheese and let cheese melt another minute or two.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Serving: 1potato | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 996mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 16.1mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 2.1mg