One Bowl Fudgy Coconut Oil Brownies
One bowl brownies with little prep and delicious results. Butter Flavored Coconut Oil makes these homemade brownies over the top delicious! Make a double batch. The fudgy brownies freeze well too!
Servings 18 brownies
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate Note 1
- 1/2 cup Butter Flavored Coconut Oil Note 2
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- non-stick cooking spray
Spray an 8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, over a pan filled with water, add the unsweetened chocolate and butter flavored coconut oil. Stir to melt.
Blend in the sugar. Stir to combine well. Add in the eggs, one at a time. Blend well, then add vanilla extract. Fold in flour and baking powder to gently mix ingredients. If adding nuts, add now.
Pour into the seasoned baking pan. Place in center rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Toothpick should come out clean. Let cool for about 30 minutes before slicing into squares. Makes 18 brownies.
Note 1: Chocolate is usually sold in bars with each square being 1 ounce
Note 2: Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil is used in this recipe.
- The brownies can be kept well wrapped with plastic for a few days. Mine have never lasted for more than a day. So the actual number cannot be verified. I have frozen the brownies for about 4 months in smaller serving bags. I do use the food saver to freeze for amazing results. They defrost in the fridge. Feel free to warm them in the oven at 250 degrees for 10 minutes wrapped in foil.
- I am not a registered dietician, I do my best to provide the most accurate nutritional values. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.4mg