Linguine with White Clam Sauce
Linguine with white clam sauce in a delicious easy meal ready in under 30 minutes. Canned clams, white wine and fresh herbs over linguine or high fiber linguine makes for a delicious meal.
Servings 5 servings
- 1 pound linguine Note 1
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons light butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 26 ounces chopped clams the clam juice will be used
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped Note 2
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped Note 2
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
How to Make White Clam Sauce
Drain the juice from the canned clams into a medium size bowl.
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the olive oil and light butter.
Add in the chopped shallot, saute about 3 minutes.
Mix in the minced garlic and crushed red pepper for about 1 minute.
Pour in the white wine, reserved clam juice and lemon juice.
Cook another 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add in the chopped clams, fresh parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook another minute.
Taste sauce, reseason if needed.
Toss with the cooked linguine and serve immediately.
Note 1: whole wheat, high fiber, or gluten-free pasta works.
Note 2: If using dried herbs, use about 1 - 1 ½ Tablespoons dried parsley and about 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
Note 3: Nutritional value includes pasta.
Tips for Great Linguine with White Clam Sauce
- Always salt the pasta water to add flavor to the pasta.
- Cook the pasta al dente, about 10 minutes.
- If you do not cook with wine, use bottled clam juice.(This would be in addition to the clam juice from the canned clams)
- Fresh parsley in the sauce is best. In a pinch, dried parsley works.
- Nutritional value is estimated and can change based on ingredients and proportion size.
Serving: 5servings | Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 605IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg