Spinach and Mushroom Frittata
Fresh spinach, mushrooms and reduced fat white cheddar cheese combined with eggs and egg whites make for a delicious breakfast or brunch frittata! A great way to add vegetables into a meal!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese I used 2% fat cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat an 8 inch round skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
To the skillet, add the diced mushrooms and spinach and saute for about 2 minutes to slightly cook the mushrooms and wilt the spinach.
In a mixing bowl combine the eggs and egg whites and whisk until combined.
To the bowl add the cheddar cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Give the mixture a quick stir to combine.
Add the egg mixture to the skillet and stir to combine and distribute the vegetables and cheese in the eggs. Let it cook on the stove for about 2 minutes so the eggs begin to set.
After 2 minutes, place the skillet into the preheated oven and cook for about 15 minutes for the eggs to completely cook through
- any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
- I make this ahead of time and just reheat prior to seving.
- A great dish served hot or at room temperture
- Freezes well, wrapped tightly. I then place in a large freezer bag, use within 3 months
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 196g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 196mg | Sodium: 413mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1850IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 1.3mg