This is a delightful Middle Eastern salad made with cauliflower in lieu of bulgur. It's a wonderful blend of flavors that is ready in minutes with no cooking involved. An ideal make ahead recipe to use for lunch or on the go.
Servings 6 servings
Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad
- 1/2 head fresh cauliflower about 3 cups
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 large English cucumber, seeded and diced about 2 cups
- 2 cups fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
Cauliflower Tabbouleh Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to make cauliflower rice
Cut the cauliflower into 2 or 3 pieces.
If grating by hand, leave some stem on the cauliflower and grate the top part of the cauliflower.
I prefer to use the food processor, grate the cauliflower by using the grating blade.
In a large bowl, combine the grated cauliflower, grape tomatoes, diced cucumber, chopped parsley, chopped mint, and diced red onion.
How to make cauliflower tabbouleh vinaigrette
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, ground cumin, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
Pour the whisked dressing over the grated cauliflower combination. Toss well.
Cover dish tightly and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Salad will keep up to 3 days, tightly covered.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 6servings | Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1950IU | Vitamin C: 54.5mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.6mg