Skinny Pineapple Mango Frozen Margarita with Chili Salt Rim
Looking to escape to the tropics with a fun drink that has a spicy kick at the end! Look no further, this is made all fresh fruit and some tequila and triple sec to bring you an amazing frozen margarita
Servings 8 cups
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, frozen
- 1 cup mango
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
Chili Salt Rim
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan Salt or Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- lime juice or tequila to rim the glass for holding the chili salt
- pineapple wedges optional garnish
In a blender, add frozen pineapple chunks, mango, pineapple juice, ice cubes, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, agave nectar. Blend well!
To Make the Chili Salt Rim
On a plate large enough to dip the glasses for the margaritas, combine the Mexican chili powder, Himalayan salt and sugar together.
Rub the margarita glasses with lime wedges or tequila to ensure the salt mix will stick.
Place the glasses into salt mixture to rim the glasses with the chili salt.
To complete the drink, pour the blended frozen margaritas into each glass. Garnish with pineapple wedge, optional.
If you would like to make these Mock-tail Margaritas, use 3 cups frozen pineapple and 2 cups mango. No change to the pineapple juice, ice, or agave. Also quite delicious. Many a time, I make a batch of pops out of the ingredients sans the liquor for the kids and those who prefer no alcohol. The recipe can be altered for everyone's palate.
- I make double batch of these and place them in the serving size freezer bags for future days. I generally take them out of the freezer about 1/2 hour before popping into the blender.
- If we are by the pool, and the drink has sat in the blender, I just hit blend to frost them up again. Add more ice if needed.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 8ounce | Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 29.7mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.2mg