Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef Tacos with Avocado Crema
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef is the base for these delicious tacos! Top with an easy healthy, tasty Avocado Crema! Perfect fix and forget meal! Great for weeknight meals and always popular at family gatherings and game day parties
- 2 pounds Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef
- 6-10 Flour Tortillas use Gluten-free tortillas to maintain this as gluten-free
- 8 ounces low-fat Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- Pico De Gallo optional, *see note
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa optional, *see note
- Pineapple Mango Salsa optional, *see note
- 1 cup diced tomato optional, *see note
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 cup reduced fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Slow cook the Mexican beef according to the instructions. Use two pounds for this recipe. The remainder of the beef can be frozen for future use
- For the Pico De Gallo and salsa, I have links to home-made recipes I have on my site. You can use store-bought as well.
- This freezes really well. It can be separated in freezer storage bags for future meals.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
Serving: 1taco | Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 547mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 9.9mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 0.7mg