No-Bake Coconut Date Energy Bites
A tasty no-bake snack that is perfect for a jump start in the morning, after workout or an afternoon snack! Made with oats, dates, unsweetened coconut, peanut butter of choice make tasty nutritious snacks. These are Vegan and have a gluten-free option.
Servings 24 energy bites
- 1 cup quick cooking gluten-free oats regular oats are okay to use
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- ½ cup flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened coconut
In the bowl of a food processor, add the oats, peanut butter, dates, flax seeds, vanilla and ground ginger. Pulse a few times to combine ingredients.
To the mixture, Add unsweetened coconut. Combine with a spoon. Place the bowl in the fridge for about 20- 30 minutes. ( This makes it easier to roll the energy bites)
Place the rolled energy bites on a cookie sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes. The energy bites are ready to eat. Keep them either in the fridge or in a freezer bag in the freezer. My family keeps a few in both fridge and freezer.
- These energy bites can be kept in the freezer for a few weeks.
- We eat them right out of the freezer.
- If kept in the fridge, they do not last long in my house, but no more than a few days should they be kept in the fridge.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion size.
Serving: 1energy bite | Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.8mg