Green Beans with Mushrooms and Shallots
Tender, blanched string beans with sauteed sliced mushrooms and shallots, Low-fat,low-calorie, low-carb. Great side dish that can be prepared ahead of time and reheated when ready to serve! Perfect for a Holiday side dish!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound fresh string beans, ends trimmed
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter *see notes
- 1 small shallot, peeled and finely minced
- 10 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Blanch string beans in large saute pan of boiling salted water for about 4 minutes. Strain string beans and place them in ice water to maintain the bright green color.
In same saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the shallots for about 2 minutes, until translucent. Add in the mushrooms and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Add in the string beans to heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered and reheat the next day.
- Feel free to swap butter flavored coconut oil or vegan butter in lieu of unsalted butter to keep this Vegan.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
Serving: 6servings | Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.4mg