Mediterranean Veggie Flatbread Pizza
A delicious and easy lunch, dinner or game-day snack. Whole wheat flatbread are topped with sauce and fresh veggies! These are ready in 20 minutes. We use Mediterranean flavors, feel free to swap any veggies!
Servings 5 servings
- 4 whole-grain flatbread I used Kontos
- 10 ounce homemade or store-bought pizza sauce
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeded and sliced into thin slices
- 1 small orange pepper, seeded and sliced into thin slices
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
- 14 ounce can, artichoke hearts, drain liquid, slice artichoke into smaller pieces
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 fresh basil leaves optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Assemble all the ingredients near the flatbreads. Have either a large cookie sheet or pizza stone ready. I like to warm them for about 5 minutes in the preheated oven, optional.
Place the flatbreads on the pan and brush with the olive oil on both sides of the flatbread. Top with the pizza sauce( about 2-3 Tablespoons per flatbread)
Alternately add the tomatoes and mozzarella, form a pattern if you can. Then top with the other veggies as you see prefer. Top pizzas with the oregano and black pepper.
Bake for about 12 minutes. Serve as whole flatbreads or slice into quarters for appetizers.
- Use a low-salt home-made pizza sauce and you will reduce calories and sodium.
- Feel free to adjust the veggies to your liking. We love the Mediterranean flavors.
- Gluten-free and vegan - use gluten-free flatbreads and vegan cheese.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 1flatbread | Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1541mg | Potassium: 755mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1700IU | Vitamin C: 226.9mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 4.1mg