Healthy Veggie Egg Scramble
A tasty and quick meal filled with your favorite veggies that are scrambled with eggs. Feel free to adjust the veggies to your favorites. You can also swap egg whites for some of the eggs to reduce cholesterol! Ready in 20 minutes
Servings 3 servings
- ½ cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- ½ cup diced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup diced orange pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 6 large eggs see note below
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- butter flavored cooking spray
- grated cheddar cheese, optional
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat spray the non-stick cooking spray. Add to skillet broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, and orange pepper. Saute about 5 minutes until the veggies begin are soft. Add spinach and cook another 2 minutes to wilt the spinach.
While the veggies are sauteing, in a medium mixing bowl add the eggs, milk, pepper, and salt. Whisk to completely blend the eggs. The longer the eggs are whisked, the fluffier they are when cooked.
Add the egg mixture to the veggies. Let cook about 1 minute until eggs begin to set. Push the eggs towards the center of the pan and gently fold over. Tilt pan slightly to allow the liquids to cook through. Continue to do this until the eggs are just about set. If adding cheese, do so now. Remove from heat and let rest one minute. Serve and enjoy
- You can use egg whites in lieu of some of the egg for 1 egg use 2 eggs whites.
- If making for meal prep, separate into 3 food storage containers and either microwave to heat or reheat in the oven at 350 for about 5 minutes in an oven-safe bowl.
- The cheese is not added to the nutritional guide as it is optional
- The nutritional guide is based on 6 eggs.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 372mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3165IU | Vitamin C: 80.1mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2.4mg