Low Carb Lemon Chicken Piccata
A delicious low carb lemon chicken piccata! The chicken is coated with almond flour and Parmesan Cheese. The sauce is light and tasty made from white wine, lemon, capers, shallots and garlic. Perfect for any night but great for a party too!
Servings 4 servings
- 4 boneless chicken cutlets, 4 ounces each
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- ¾ cup white wine or chicken stock use stock if you do not cook with alcohol
- 1 large lemon, juiced about ¼ cup juice
- ¼ cup capers, drained
In a large plate, mix almond flour, Parmesan Cheese, salt and black pepper. Rinse the chicken in cold water and dredge in the almond flour mixture. Coat chicken well in the flour mixture. Set aside until all chicken dredged in flour.
Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons each of olive oil and unsalted butter, butter should sizzle. Add the chicken pieces to the skillet. Make sure chicken is not overlapping. Let chicken brown about 3-4 minutes. Flip chicken to complete cooking another 3-4 minutes. Once cooked, set chicken aside.
To the skillet, add the remaining olive oil and butter. Add in the chopped shallots and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add in white wine or chicken stock, lemon juice, and capers. Let simmer to reduce by about half, approximately 5 minutes.
Add chicken back into pan. Serve with cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash, or your favorite side.
- If making ahead, I get the dish ready and just reheat on the stovetop for a few minutes with a pot cover. Can be reheated in the oven at 250 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- If using chicken stock instead of wine, use low-sodium, fat-free broth.
- I am not a registered dietician, I do my best to provide the most accurate nutritional values. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Serving: 4ounce cutlet | Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1741mg | Potassium: 96mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 7.4mg | Calcium: 330mg | Iron: 1.3mg