Grilled Dijon Lime Chicken
Grilled chicken, marinated in Dijon mustard, lime juice, cider vinegar, and seasonings make a zesty chicken that is great on its own or make a few extra for wraps and salads.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts *see note 1
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoons grapeseed oil can use any oil
- 1 large lime, zested
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
How To Make the Grilled Dijon Lime Marinade
Trim fat from chicken and slice the cutlets to thin them out, should have around 5 cutlets
In a medium bowl, add minced garlic, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, fresh cilantro, grapeseed oil, raw honey, lime zest, lime juice, ground cumin, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt/ pepper (to taste).
Place the chicken and the marinade in a large storage bag to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. I like to do this the night before grilling to let the flavors blend. In a pinch - shorter marinating time works.
How to Grill Dijon Lime Chicken
Spray grill with non-stick spray to prevent chicken from sticking to the grill. Preheat grill to 500 degrees and reduce to 400 degrees when ready to add the chicken to the grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the bag of marinade. Wipe chicken with a paper towel before placing on the grill. Place chicken on the grill for about 4- 6 minutes and then flip to the other side of chicken cook another 2- 4 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees.
Remove from the grill, slice chicken and serve. Grilled chicken can be kept well covered in the fridge for about 3 days.
- Note 1: If cutlets are very thick, slice in half so cutlets are about 1/2 inch thick before grilling. Paleo/Whole30 use grass-fed poultry.
- Cooked chicken can be frozen for future use in salads and wraps for about 3-5 months.
- Weight Watcher Points: 6 Smart Points
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1.7mg