The Best Homemade Pimento Cheese Dip
Pimento Cheese Dip is a delicious cheese dip that is perfect with crackers and veggies. Pimento cheese awesome as a spread for tea sandwiches. This recipe uses light mayo and low-calorie cheeses to keep the calories lower and still makes a tasty dip that is always a hit!5
Servings 24 servings
- 8 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoon light Mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 ounce jar pimentos, drained and dried
- 3-4 dashes Sriracha or hot sauce adjust heat to your palate
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 ounces low-fat Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces low-fat Colby Jack cheese
Using either a food processor with the shredder attachment or manually shred the cheddar and Colby jack cheese and set aside.
Use the paddle attachment, add to the mixer bowl add the light cream cheese, light mayonnaise, and chopped garlic. Blend for about 1 minute. If using a hand mixer, use the beaters and continue with recipe.
Add to the mixer bowl, the pimentos, Sriracha, onion powder, and Worcestershire Sauce. Blend for about 30 seconds.
Add the shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese and Colby Jack cheese. Combine for about 2 minutes. Pimento Dip will be well blended.
Serve with crackers, veggies, burger toppings, Pimento cheese sandwiches, endless possibilities.
- Take the time to use the block of cheese and shred it yourself. Pre-shredded cheese does not provide the same flavor for this recipe.
- Take the time to drain and dry off the pimentos before adding to the mixing bowl. Excess water is not pretty in any recipe :).
- I do prefer low-fat cheese, however, full-fat cheese can be used.
- Pimento Cheese Dip can be store well covered in the fridge for about 1 - 1 ½ weeks.
- I do not freeze Pimento Cheese Dip. So I cannot speak to whether or not it can freeze well. I think the mayo and cheese would separate.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
Serving: 2Tablespoons | Calories: 24kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.1mg