Apple Pecan Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette
Enjoy Apple Pecan Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette! A delicious fall salad full of veggies that is ready in about 15 minutes!
Servings 6 servings
Apple Pecan Salad ingredients
- 8 cups salad greens
- 2 Apples, sliced thin Note 1
- 1 cup shredded carrots Note 2
- 1 cup diced celery
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
How to Make Maple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons pure Maple Syrup Note 3
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup homemade apple cider store-bought apple cider can be used
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon salt Note 3
To Assemble to Apple Pecan Salad
In a large bowl, add salad greens. Top with sliced apples, shredded carrots, celery, chopped pecans, red onions, and Gorgonzola cheese. Top with Maple Cider Vinaigrette.
To Make Maple Cider Vinaigrette
In a medium bowl, whisk to combine minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, apple cider. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with ground black pepper, and salt. Check and readjust seasoning, if needed. Top the apple pecan salad with the dressing.
Note 1: I use Envy apples in this salad. Honeycrisp or Fuji Apples are also great for this salad. I also use a mandolin to slice the apples. However, a knife works well to slice. I also leave the skin on the apples, to help keep their shape.
Note 2: I prefer shredded carrots. Feel free to dice the carrots for this recipe.
Note 3: Please use 100% pure Maple Syrup. It costs a little more but worth the extra expense. Pure syrup, no added sugars.
Note 4: Start with the least amount of salt and add in as needed.
Note 5: Maple Cider Vinaigrette can be stored in a covered container in the fridge for about 5 days. If you are making the salad ahead of time. Do not add the blue cheese until ready to serve.
- I am not a registered dietician, I do my best to provide the most accurate nutritional values. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4245IU | Vitamin C: 14.4mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.6mg