Slow Cooker Mediterranean Eggplant
An easy recipe to prepare in the slow cooker. A delicious blend of Mediterranean flavors using eggplant, tomatoes, and zucchini! This is a great low-calorie recipe. I have also had this as a cocktail party as an appetizer with pita chips.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound eggplant, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces feta cheese vegan - either do not add or use vegan cheese
- 4 pieces whole wheat pita bread optional
To a 6 quart slow cooker, add olive oil.
Add in the eggplant, bell pepper, tomato, zucchini, minced garlic, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Combine the ingredients well to be coated with the olive oil.
Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours.
Add crumbled feta cheese.
Ready to serve.
I love to use whole wheat pita bread to serve alongside this tasty meal.
- This is a great make ahead meal. Tastes amazing second day.
- Keep well covered in the fridge for 3 days.
- The nutritional count if for the recipe, excluding pita bread, as the pita is optional.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 581mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 2105IU | Vitamin C: 81.5mg | Calcium: 206mg | Iron: 3.4mg