Healthier Flourless Chocolate Cake
A healthier version of chocolate cake without using flour. Made with coconut oil makes this a healthier cake that satisfies your need for chocolate without breaking the scale. Paleo friendly and gluten-free!
Servings 8 servings
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- confectioners sugar to garnish
- various fresh fruit: strawberries, blackberries, blueberries to garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch round cake pan with butter spray. Lay a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of pan.
Over medium-high heat, place a double boiler. When bottom half of water boils, add to the top boiler, coconut oil to melt and then add the chocolate chips. Whisk until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the sugar and eggs, whisk together. Add the vanilla extract. Whisk in the melted chocolate.
Add in the unsweetened cocoa powder and whisk to combine all ingredients.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared greased pan.
Cook for about 20 minutes. Place a toothpick in center of cake. Toothpick should come out clean, cake complete.
Let cake cool before carefully on wire rack.
Move to a cake platter. Add confectioners sugar and seasonal fruit for decorating. Cover with plastic wrap completely for storage.
- When I bring to an occasion or have company, I let cake cool completely on a rack before transferring to a cake platter.
- Wrap tightly if not serving right away with Plastic Wrap
- If serving following day, I wait to add confectioners sugar to right before serving.
- When calculating nutritional facts. I have only included cake ingredients. I have not included the garnish of confectioners sugar or fruit as that is at your discretion to distribute.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 8servings | Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 108mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2.2mg