Need a chocolate fix, this is it! Healthier Flourless Chocolate Cake made with Coconut Oil! It is just perfect! A moist cake filled with fudge, made without flour!
These flavors deliver a delicious cake! Easy to make and ready in about 30 minutes! Perfect for any day and great for special date night! A Gluten-Free, low-calorie dessert!
Last week I started what I think will be fun for Friday’s, Free Friday! In other words, whatever goes! Send me in recipe requests, I will make fun recipes that are just fun! I always try for healthy, but as I always say moderation. I eat healthily but my forever motto is everything in moderation. This does not mean I eat a bag of chips and a gallon of soda, but we all need variety and a little treat! SI do try to keep it in a healthy ratio. Last week, what has turned out to be a big hit was my extremely favorite, Skinny Pineapple Mango Frozen Margarita with Chili Salt Rim! The experimentation that went into that recipe was insurmountable, teehee! That brings us to this week’s amazing Healthier Flourless Chocolate Cake! You won’t be disappointed!
Oh my, I am so happy with this final result! This is moist and fudgy! Don’t judge me, fudgy is my word! It is absolutely delish! I have made this a few times with absolutely no change because my boys are my chocolate testers! It has been perfect every time! Using coconut oil adds an amazing flavor! My younger son Aidan said, what the heck Mom, why didn’t you make this a long time ago! So there ya go, it’s now in regular rotation.
This healthier flourless chocolate cake is perfect for any day. I am envisioning this one for Valentines Day too! It’s so full of chocolate, just perfect to quench that chocolate fix everyone needs without adding butter and a crazy amount of ingredients!
SAVE THIS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS! FOLLOW ALONG ON PINTEREST! I’M ALWAYS PINNING FROM TALENTED AND AMAZING BLOGGERS WITH CREATIVE RECIPE AND DIY IDEAS!
Tag #everydayeileen or @everyday_eileen on Instagram with your recreations of my recipes! Love seeing and sharing what you create!
CONNECT WITH ME ON:
Subscribe to my newsletter to never miss a recipe!
Thank you for your continued support! I am forever grateful!
Healthier Flourless Chocolate Cake
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- confectioners sugar to garnish
- various fresh fruit: strawberries, blackberries, blueberries to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch round cake pan with butter spray. Lay a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of pan.
- Over medium-high heat, place a double boiler. When bottom half of water boils, add to the top boiler, coconut oil to melt and then add the chocolate chips. Whisk until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar and eggs, whisk together. Add the vanilla extract. Whisk in the melted chocolate.
- Add in the unsweetened cocoa powder and whisk to combine all ingredients.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared greased pan.
- Cook for about 20 minutes. Place a toothpick in center of cake. Toothpick should come out clean, cake complete.
- Let cake cool before carefully on wire rack.
- Move to a cake platter. Add confectioners sugar and seasonal fruit for decorating. Cover with plastic wrap completely for storage.
- When I bring to an occasion or have company, I let cake cool completely on a rack before transferring to a cake platter.
- Wrap tightly if not serving right away with Plastic Wrap
- If serving following day, I wait to add confectioners sugar to right before serving.
- When calculating nutritional facts. I have only included cake ingredients. I have not included the garnish of confectioners sugar or fruit as that is at your discretion to distribute.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.