Skinny Pineapple Mango Frozen Margarita with Chili Salt Rim will be your BFF for the summer months. A combo of fruit, tequila and triple sec and you have a tasty cocktail that is refreshing and not a waistline killer at less than 120 calories per generous serving! Also include the mock-tail version for those who prefer non-alcoholic and kid friendly frozen drinks!
So many margaritas are made with mixes. While they are a quick fix! The pre-made mixes are loaded with things I cannot pronounce so I do not want to eat them.
This recipe is a mixture of freshly frozen pineapple and mango, some fine tequila, triple sec, agave, and ice.
I prefer to cut up the pineapple and mango and freeze them the night before I want to make these cocktails.
To make this yumminess ( I am now making up my own adjectives ) Blending the natural sweetness of the fruit and then there ya go, I add a special kick to make these epic margaritas. A delicious combo of Mexican chili powder, salt, and sugar combined together as the salt rim for the glass. I use either lime juice or tequila to ensure the salt combo sticks to the glass. You have a party in your mouth of both sweet and hot! These babies are the best. I hope you enjoy.
Tag #everydayeileen or @everyday_eileen on Instagram with your recreations of my recipes! Love seeing and sharing what you create!
Connect with me on:
Subscribe to my newsletter to never miss a recipe!
Thank you for your continued support! I am forever grateful!
Pin to make later here ⇓
Skinny Pineapple Mango Frozen Margarita with Chili Salt Rim
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, frozen
- 1 cup mango
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- ½ cup tequila
- ½ cup triple sec
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
Chili Salt Rim
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan Salt or Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- lime juice or tequila to rim the glass for holding the chili salt
- pineapple wedges optional garnish
- In a blender, add frozen pineapple chunks, mango, pineapple juice, ice cubes, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, agave nectar. Blend well!
To Make the Chili Salt Rim
- On a plate large enough to dip the glasses for the margaritas, combine the Mexican chili powder, Himalayan salt and sugar together.
- Rub the margarita glasses with lime wedges or tequila to ensure the salt mix will stick.
- Place the glasses into salt mixture to rim the glasses with the chili salt.
- To complete the drink, pour the blended frozen margaritas into each glass. Garnish with pineapple wedge, optional.
- I make double batch of these and place them in the serving size freezer bags for future days. I generally take them out of the freezer about ½ hour before popping into the blender.
- If we are by the pool, and the drink has sat in the blender, I just hit blend to frost them up again. Add more ice if needed.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.