Everyone is a fan of sports in my house! Between baseball play-off’s, basketball, hockey, and let us not leave out our beloved football, the family is always watching a game, especially at this time of year! I am always looking for a tasty meal that my family will love and doesn’t take too much time in the kitchen! My friends, these Easy Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa are just that, quick, easy, and delicious!
I was shopping at Walmart and I came upon some great deals on Old El Paso taco shells! My family really loves these stand and stuff shells because not only are they gluten-free, they hold all the ingredients really well! This is super important to my family! We want all the ingredients in place! I stocked up on all the Old El Paso products for my #GameDay meals! I was super happy to get all my ingredients for this tasty meal at Walmart!
What I love about this recipe is that besides being super easy and tasty, I can prepare the meal in advance and just warm up the chicken and the taco shells before serving! I usually like to marinate the chicken for about 15 minutes because it adds extra flavor. While you marinate the chicken, make the pineapple mango salsa. It will take about 8 minutes to saute the chicken pieces and dinner is ready! Then you’re ready to get back to watching the game with family and friends!
Everyday Tip: I like to get everything on sale. If chicken breasts are on sale, I buy a bunch! I get them into different marinades and freeze in batches. The chicken will marinate as they defrost, same goes for the fruits! When I can get mangoes and pineapples on sale, I cut them up and freeze in 1 cup portions!
I am super happy with these easy Chicken Tacos! The chicken has great flavor from the spices with a perfect balance of sweetness from the pineapple and mango.
The crunch of the yellow peppers and jalapeno make it a perfect salsa!
Looking for a cocktail to go with these easy chicken tacos, try these tasty ones:
Looking for some more tasty recipes like these healthy chicken tacos, try:
I would love to hear some of your favorite Game Day meals and appetizers! You can Score Big Flavor with Old El Paso at Walmart!
I hope you make this recipe and let me know by using the tag #everydayeileen so I can share your work too!
This is now a part of my families regular weeknight and game day meal! I love it because in less than 30 minutes we have dinner and it’s delicious!
I hope you like this recipe and please share the love on Facebook, Pinterest, or your favorite way of relating to your friends and family! Please continue connecting with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Bloglovin, Google Plus
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Easy Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- zest of a lime
- ½ lime, juice * second half used in salsa
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells 10 pack
Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup red onion, peeled and chopped minced
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 glove garlic finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons lite sour cream optional topping
How to make the Chicken Tacos
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Warm the taco shells in the oven according to the package. Set aside until ready to use.
- Place the Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Shells on a baking tray and set aside until ready to warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken breast, lime zest, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- Let marinate for at least 15 minutes to overnight, while you make the Pineapple Mango Salsa.
- After chicken is marinated, in a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the canola oil. Add the marinated chicken and saute until golden brown about 8 minutes. Remove from pan and assemble tacos with the Pineapple Mango Salsa.
- Prepare the Pineapple Mango Salsa
- In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, yellow pepper, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside until ready to assemble tacos.
- Ready to serve the sauteed chicken with the pineapple mango salsa in the warmed Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
- Optional toppings: sour cream
- This recipe can be prepared ahead of time.
- The chicken can be reheated when ready to serve.
- For make ahead chicken, the chicken and marinade can be placed in a freezer safe bag and the chicken marinates as it defrosts.
- Nutritional value does not include sour cream, as it is optional.