Enjoy a refreshing Strawberry Vodka Slush Cocktail today! Made with fresh strawberries, this cocktail is naturally low in fat and calories! Strawberries, infused with Vodka and Triple Sec to give the adults the afternoon cocktail needed to relax and enjoy! For those who prefer a mock-tail or a kid friendly Strawberry Slush, I have included the instructions to prepare without the alcohol.
Wow, I have been on a roller coaster of busy lately! Between traveling the east coast for lacrosse and some health issues for my folks, not a lot of time for me to write and create. I am hoping to be back on track now! I have a few yummy creations for the next few weeks! A great way to get back on track is with my new favorite day, Free Friday! If you recall, I had made Skinny Pineapple Mango Frozen Margaritas with Chili Salt Rim to kick off Free Friday! I am seeing the theme on drinks with alcohol, unintentional, but I may need one after these last few weeks. Today I bring to you the most delicious and refreshing Strawberry Vodka Slush Cocktail! I have also included instructions for a mock-tail.
I’m not sure how it evolved, but I have become the family mixologist! Whether it’s a drink with alcohol or a mock-tail, I really enjoy creating drinks for my family and friends! I do try to stay away from ready made mixes, due to the processing and ingredients I can not pronounce, let alone know why they are in the mix! This is why I love adding blended fruit into my drinks! Refreshing and they keep the fat and calories down! Right now, we have strawberries at the farmers market at ridiculously low prices. So I buy up the strawberries and freeze them.
I hope you enjoy this most refreshing cocktail! Strawberry Vodka Slush Cocktail is super easy to make, low-fat,low-calorie and always a hit with family and friends! I think it is a perfect night to make these and sit by the ocean with the hubs!
Everyday Eileen tip:
To freeze strawberries and other fruits:
- place the fruit, be sure they are not touching, on a cookie sheet in the freezer for about one hour.
- transfer to labeled freezer bags including the date. I usually freeze 1 cup per bag.
- puree some of the fruit and placing them in ice-cube trays also is a great way to store fruit. I usually do 2 teaspoons per cube. These are great to add to smoothies and other fruit-based bread and pie recipes.
I hope you enjoy this most refreshing cocktail that is super easy to make and low-fat, low-calories and always a hit at parties! Myself, I just love this on a Friday afternoon sitting by the ocean!
When you make this refreshing Strawberry Vodka Slush, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Are you loving this tasty strawberry vodka cocktail, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
Strawberry Vodka Slush Cocktail
A refreshing adult slush made with lots of flavor from fresh strawberries. Add in vodka and triple sec to have an adult cocktail that is low in fat and calories. I have included instructions for a mock-tail which is perfect for those who do not prefer alcohol and great for kids because it is all natural.
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled frozen
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 3 Tablespoons Simple Syrup
- lemon soda or club soda optional
- fresh strawberries and mint leaves optional garnish
Add into a blender, frozen strawberries, ice cubes, vodka, and triple sec. Blend well. Optional to add a lemon soda or club soda to the strawberry slush. Sip to step 3.
If a mock-tail is preferred, leave out the vodka and the triple sec. Add in another 1/2 cup of strawberries and 1/4 cup of ice. Also add 1/2 cup of lemonade, lime-aid, or pineapple juice. Blend well.
Serve in chilled glasses with a mint leave and a strawberry for garnish
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
- I used my Simple Syrup recipe and added 2 mint stalks to the syrup once the sugar melted. Discarded the mint leaves after 1/2 hour.
- You can just use simple syrup, I prefer the added mint flavor