Easy Shrimp Scampi, tender shrimp cooked in a buttery, white wine infused, lemon garlic sauce is ready in 10 minutes. Perfect for a quick dinner, a romantic dinner for two, and great for company.
Looking for specifics on the recipe? Use the table of contents to click on sections of the recipe.
❤️ Why this recipe works
- Our easy shrimp scampi comes together very quickly for an easy dinner idea.
- Shrimp Scampi is one of those recipes that works for holidays like Christmas Eve, New Year's, and Valentine's Day.
- To keep this super easy scampi recipe use fat-free chicken broth adds flavor and keeps the calories down.
- large shrimp
- unsalted butter
- olive oil
- white wine
- chicken broth
- oregano, parsley, hot red pepper, salt, and pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
- Step 1: Mince the garlic, the more the better for me.
- Step 2: Heat saute pan over medium heat, melt unsalted butter and olive oil.
- Step 3: Saute the garlic. Then, add shrimp.
- Step 4: Once the shrimp are cooked, remove and set aside.
- Step 5: Add white wine, lemon juice, chicken stock, herbs, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Step 6: Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Add back in shrimp and serve.
How to store, reheat, and freeze
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in a covered, airtight container for 1 day.
- Reheat in a saucepan until warm through.
💭 Expert Tips
- If making the shrimp to serve over pasta or zoodles, take the tails off the shrimp before cooking.
- Use unsalted butter, and add salt as needed to reduce sodium.
- Large shrimp are my favorite to use for this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Scampi is an Italian American term for a garlic, butter, and wine sauce usually served over shrimp. garlic sauce.
While shrimp have almost no carbs which makes them keto-friendly, the scampi sauce is also low in carbs. To keep this recipe low-carb, serve the shrimp scampi over roasted spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice.
If you do not cook with wine, use more chicken broth and lemon juice.
Use thicker pasta such as linguine, fettuccini, and pappardelle. Spaghetti and bucatini are also two other good choices.
Do you want to change up this recipe? Here are some ways that you increase the flavor of this dish.
- Feel free to add fresh vegetables to the shrimp such as spinach, kale, or escarole for added protein.
- The shrimp sauté quickly so the size of the shrimp will adjust the cooking time.
- I use a Pinot Grigio or a Chardonnay for the wine.
- Add in some baby spinach for protein.
- If gluten-free, serve over gluten-free pasta.
Serve this easy shrimp recipe over Roasted Spaghetti Squash for a low-carb meal.
A simple arugula salad would be a fabulous pairing with the shrimp scampi.
Apple Pecan Salad is another great choice for a side dish.
Poached shrimp is one of the easiest recipes and so affordable compared to purchasing store-made shrimp.
Cajun shrimp saute is an easy meal that's ready in no time.
Baja Shrimp Bowls are another easy, tasty recipe to enjoy that will satisfy the palate.
Linguine with Clam Sauce is a quick, easy, tasty dinner.
Shrimp Gumbo is a great dinner that is always a hit.
Enjoy a hearty Shrimp Curry dinner that is ready in no time and is hearty and rich with flavor.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Easy Shrimp Scampi
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and finely
- 2 pounds large shrimp, cleaned and deveined I remove the tails from the shrimp when serving over pasta
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups chicken stock, fat-free
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cups fresh parsley, chopped for maximum flavor, use fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt unsalted butter and olive oil. Add minced garlic and saute for about 1 minute, to release the flavor in the garlic. Be careful - garlic burns quickly!
- Add the shrimp and saute until pink, about 3-4 minutes, turning the shrimp to cook through.
- Once the shrimp is pink and cooked through, move shrimp to a plate, set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add white wine. Cook for about 1 minute, add lemon juice, chicken stock, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low to simmer and reduce the sauce by almost half, about 4 minutes.
- Once reduced, add back in the shrimp. Add fresh parsley and oregano. Taste, for seasoning, if needed, adjust seasoning.
- Serve on its own, over pasta, rice, or risotto.
This recipe was originally published in August, 2015. It has been updated with new photos and reader enhancement.