Simple Arugula Salad, a peppery and crunchy salad with sweet corn and juicy tomatoes, sprinkled with bold blue cheese. The fresh greens are drizzled with a quick, tasty homemade red wine vinaigrette. this is your recipe for a gluten-free, vegetarian salad loaded with flavor.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Regardless of the season, fresh arugula is a favorite salad green.
- Arugula has a bold peppery taste that holds up to any salad dressing or vinaigrette..
- This is a simple salad for a quick side dish for any meal.
- Arugula - peppery lettuce that pairs nicely with the blue cheese.
- Corn - canned, frozen (defrosted), leftover roasted or grilled corn can be used.
- Grape Tomatoes - or cherry tomatoes. If you only have large tomatoes, cut them into bite-size pieces.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles - any of your favorite types of cheese can be mixed with the salad.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard - balances the vinegar and oil combo
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Salad Spinner: We eat a lot of salad and this has been a dream to use to wash and clean my greens.
- Bowls: Just the prettiest bowls for so many recipes.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
- Prepare corn, if using canned corn, drain, and rinse.
- Chop tomatoes in half or cube, depending on the size of tomatoes.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl or mason jar, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, a dash of salt, and black pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine arugula, corn, and tomatoes. Top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Toss with vinaigrette and serve.
Keep arugula in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 6-7 days. It is always best to wash and dry the greens before storing them in the refrigerator.
We wrap our greens in a paper towel in large clear bags to extend the freshness of the lettuce.
The vinaigrette can be made up to 3 days ahead. Store in an airtight covered container or mason jar in the refrigerator.
Expert Tip: If prepping the salad ahead of time, add vinaigrette when ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are keto or low-carb swap out corn and use cucumber, asparagus, or cauliflower for a bit of crunch
To keep the lettuce fresh, wash and dry the lettuce thoroughly. Then store in a sealable storage bag in the refrigerator for the week. Take out the lettuce as needed for salads.
Benefits of eating your greens
According to Medical News Today, arugula is loaded with Vitamin K and calcium, which can aid in the prevention of osteoporosis. Green veggies can help reduce the risk of heart issues such as Atherosclerosis, and calcium build-up in the arteries.
- To turn this arugula salad recipe into a meal, add a protein such as poached shrimp, oven-baked chicken, or air fryer crispy pork.
- Feel free to try any of your favorite types of cheese such as feta, Gouda, mozzarella, fontina, goat cheese, or shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Add a zing from any of your favorite onions like red onions, scallions, or shallots.
- Try some of my other favorite vinaigrettes such as Champagne Vinaigrette, Maple Cider Vinaigrette, or for a spicy dressing, Poblano Dressing, and the tasty Everything Salad Dressing
- Foil Wrapped Salmon would be a perfect combination with this delicious salad.
- A simple green salad would be great paired with Keto Jambalaya
- Low-Carb Chicken Picatta is one of my most popular recipes and a perfect pairing with a side salad.
- Grilled Dijon Chicken is a light and flavorful recipe that would taste amazing with the peppery leaves of arugula.
Some other salads you should try would be our Chicken Greek Salad.
Our Chicken and Asparagus Salad is a big hit.
Another simple recipe is this cucumber tomato salad. Simple yet delicious!
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Simple Arugula Salad
- 5 cups Arugula lettuce
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
Red Wine Vinaigrette Recipe
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add the washed and dried fresh arugula.
- For the corn, either drain canned corn or defrost frozen corn. See Note 1. Add the corn to the arugula.
- Add the sliced tomatoes to the salad greens.
- Mix in the blue cheese crumbles.
How to make the Red Wine Vinaigrette
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
- Whisk in a bit of salt and pepper, taste, if needed, adjust seasoning.
- Toss the vinaigrette with the salad green mixture.
This recipe was originally published on July 28, 2020. Updated December 23, 2021, for user experience.