Keto Jambalaya gives all the deliciousness of a very classic Creole recipe without the carbs. In 30 minutes you will be enjoying a one-pot spicy shrimp and andouille sausage dish that will have everyone wanting more.
Jambalaya, a classic Creole dish that we are keeping mouthwateringly delicious yet low-carb. Everything is served over cauliflower rice for a warm and comforting meal. This is a great meal to serve any time of year. Since it is so easy to make, this is another great meal to feed a crowd too.
This is a delicious keto recipe and is served over cauliflower rice. Which can be homemade or you can use a store made rice.
- Andouille Sausage: you can swap out and use Kielbasa.
- Shrimp: Extra large shrimp, size 26/30.
- Holy Trinity: A Cajun/Creole must is a combo of green peppers, celery, and onion. Red peppers are also added.
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning: If you prefer, use a store-made seasoning.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley is highly recommended to add a layer of flavor.
Not Shown: Diced Tomatoes, Cauliflower Rice, Chicken Broth, Garlic, Salt, Green Onions.
Step by Step Instructions to make Keto Jambalaya
- Saute the peppers, onions, and celery until soft.
- Add sausages to brown. Then add in garlic.
- Mix in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, Cajun seasoning, and salt. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower rice and shrimp, continue to simmer about 5 minutes.
- Serve with sliced green onions and chopped fresh parsley.
Expert Tips and FAQs
- Use salt-free chicken stock and diced tomatoes to reduce sodium.
- For the cauliflower rice, either make your own or use a store-made brand found in the freezer section of your grocer.
- Start with 2 Tablespoons of Cajun seasoning. If you prefer spicer food, wait until the flavors blend and re-season before serving.
- Although jambalaya is considered a stew, it won’t be soupy. It is a thicker stew.
- Add boneless chicken breasts to the pot with the sausage.
How long can the jambalaya be stored?
Once cooked, keep everything in the fridge covered for 1-2 days. We do not recommend freezing the recipe. The shrimp will change texture once it is cooked and then frozen. To reheat in the oven at 350°F until warm, about 10 minutes. Microwave according to manufacturers’ instructions.
Some of my other favorite keto recipes you will enjoy is my low-carb chicken piccata, one of my most popular recipes. Cauliflower Tabbouleh is absolutely delish and a big crowd-pleaser. Try a Zucchini, Tomato, Eggplant Bake, full of fresh veggies topped with cheesy goodness. Keto Chicken Scarpariello is a personal favorite.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com.
- Dutch Oven: A solid pot that holds the heat in the pot.
- Wooden Utensils: I use wooden spoons to ensure my pans do not scratch.
Check out my shop, Everyday Eileen I share all my favorite finds.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes and posts by following me on:
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below.
Low-Carb Keto Jambalaya
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 pound Andouille sausage or kielbasa
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 14 ounce can, diced tomatoes with juices
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons homemade Cajun seasoning premade seasoning can be used
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 cups cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined Note 1
- sliced green onions optional garnish
- chopped fresh parsley optional garnish
- In a large Dutch oven or skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil. Add the bell peppers, onion, and celery, saute for about 5 minutes, veggies will soften.
- Mix the sausage to the pot. Stir occasionally for another 5 minutes to brown sausage.
- Add in garlic and saute a few seconds to blend the flavors.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, chicken stock, Cajun seasoning, and salt. Increase heat to medium-high, bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice and uncooked shrimp. Let simmer another 5 minutes to cook through the rice and shrimp. The cauliflower rice will be tender and the shrimp will be pink.
- Remove from the heat. Taste for seasoning, if needed, adjust. Serve topped with sliced green onions and chopped parsley.