Keto Jambalaya gives all the deliciousness of a very classic Creole recipe without the carbs. In 30 minutes you will be enjoying a one-pot spicy shrimp and andouille sausage dish that will have everyone wanting more.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Jambalaya, a classic Creole dish that we are keeping mouthwateringly delicious yet low-carb.
- Everything is served over cauliflower rice for a warm and comforting meal.
- This is a great meal to serve any time of year. Since it is so easy to make, this is another great meal to feed a crowd too.
- Andouille Sausage: you can swap out and use Kielbasa.
- Shrimp: Extra large shrimp, size 26/30.
- Holy Trinity: A Cajun/Creole must is a combo of green peppers, celery, and onion. Red peppers are also added.
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning: If you prefer, use a store-made seasoning.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley is highly recommended to add a layer of flavor.
Not Shown: Diced Tomatoes, Cauliflower Rice, Chicken Broth, Garlic, Salt, Green Onions.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
- In a large Dutch Oven, saute the peppers, onions, and celery until soft.
- Add sausages to brown. Then add in garlic.
- Mix in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, Cajun seasoning, and salt. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower rice and shrimp, continue to simmer about 5 minutes.
- Serve with sliced green onions and chopped fresh parsley.
This is a delicious keto recipe and is served over cauliflower rice. Which can be homemade or you can use store-made rice.
Click on the image to watch me make this recipe from start to finish with extra tips! (Video opens in a new tab).
Leftovers can be kept in an air-tight covered container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
To reheat in the oven at 350°F until warm, about 10 minutes. Microwave according to manufacturers' instructions.
We do not recommend freezing the recipe. The shrimp will change texture once it is cooked and then frozen.
Expert Tip: Start with 2 Tablespoons of Cajun seasoning. If you prefer spicer food, wait until the flavors blend and re-season before serving.
- Use salt-free chicken stock and diced tomatoes to reduce sodium.
- For the cauliflower rice, either make your own or use a store-made brand found in the freezer section of your grocer.
- Although jambalaya is considered a stew, it won't be soupy. It is a thicker stew.
Frequently Asked Questions
Always check your labels but most andouille sausage is allowed on keto.
Jambalaya is a recipe that originated in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It is a Cajun recipe that usually consists of meat and seafood.
A keto diet is followed by many but if you do not follow a keto diet, you can certainly enjoy this recipe. It uses cauliflower rice for keto. Non-keto can use rice or feel free to use cauliflower rice.
- Add boneless chicken breasts to the pot with the sausage.
- Crawfish can be added to the recipe.
A simple arugula salad with lemon vinaigrette would be fabulous with the jambalaya.
Roasted green beans would be a delicious quick side dish.
Roasted asparagus is another tasty side you may enjoy.
Some other cauliflower dishes you should try would be Whole Roasted Cauliflower, using our Homemade Cajun Seasoning.
Some of my other favorite keto recipes you will enjoy is my low-carb chicken piccata, one of my most popular recipes.
Cauliflower Tabbouleh is absolutely delish and a big crowd-pleaser.
Try a Zucchini, Tomato, Eggplant Bake, full of fresh veggies topped with cheesy goodness. Keto Chicken Scarpariello is a personal favorite.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Low-Carb Keto Jambalaya
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 pound Andouille sausage or kielbasa
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 14 ounce can, diced tomatoes with juices
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons homemade Cajun seasoning premade seasoning can be used
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 4 cups cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined Note 1
- sliced green onions optional garnish
- chopped fresh parsley optional garnish
- In a large Dutch oven or skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil. Add the bell peppers, onion, and celery, saute for about 5 minutes, veggies will soften.
- Mix the sausage to the pot. Stir occasionally for another 5 minutes to brown sausage.
- Add in garlic and saute a few seconds to blend the flavors.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, chicken stock, Cajun seasoning, and salt. Increase heat to medium-high, bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice and uncooked shrimp. Let simmer another 5 minutes to cook through the rice and shrimp. The cauliflower rice will be tender and the shrimp will be pink.
- Remove from the heat. Taste for seasoning, if needed, adjust. Serve topped with sliced green onions and chopped parsley.
I have not had Jambalaya or Califiower Rice before. I used smoked sausage and chicken instead of shrimp and I only used half of the Cajun spice. Overall, this was a tasty meal. It was just different, something I am not used to. It was definitely worth trying.
I'm so happy you tried the Jambalaya. It is nice to branch out and try new flavors. Thank you for letting me know how the recipe worked for you. I hope you try it again.
Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey
I've never tried jambalaya - this recipe looks great. Ill have to try it out
I hope you check back in after you have made it, enjoy.
That's good to know about freezing it! I would've tried it without your note. This sounds so very flavorful!
I am glad you can use my tips, Erin
GUNJAN C Dudani
Never knew that Keto Jambalaya existed. My friend would be so happy to find your recipe. I am forwarding your page to her.
Excellent Gunjam. Glad your friend will enjoy the recipe.
Yumm, ive never made a jambalaya before and it looks amazing and very flavoursome. I needed to make something with the shrimp I had and now I know what its gonna be! Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Wonderful, Ramona. Enjoy the recipe.
I love the surf and turf ingredients in this jambalaya. I've never used cauliflower rice but really want to try it! On my to-make list!
I'm very happy you enjoy the recipe, Jacqueline.
I never made jambalaya and love that this is a low carb recipe! I can't wait to give this recipe a try!
I hope you enjoy the recipe Paula, we love it.
Amy Liu Dong
I have never tried to make this kind of dish, it looks delicious and flavorful. I must try this!
Excellent Amy, enjoy.
Is there another spice I could maybe substitute for the Cajun? My family doesn't like any amount of heat but everything else would be a hit!!
Hi Liz, if you don't like Cajun, I'd try using thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, and a little smoked paprika. I would say 1/2 teaspoon each of the spices and a little less smoked paprika. Let me know how that works for you and your family.
Amazing combinations to making this dish perfect and special. Full of flavors and looks like a total comfort meal.
I'm so glad you enjoy the recipe.
I love how this jambalaya is keto friendly!! Can not wait to give this recipe a try this week!! Thank you!
Excellent Kathryn, enjoy.