Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic is a delicious side dish for any meal! Perfect for a spring celebration, Easter, or any Holiday. Quick, easy and always s crowd pleaser!
I hope you all had a great weekend! For the Moms, hope you all had a great day! My wee one turned 12 on Saturday! When she was born, she came home on Mother's Day, which was my greatest gift, ever! She is my baby and I can't get over how fast it goes! We had a small family gathering and we had her favorites:
Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders Honey Mustard Sauce
Detox Blueberry Lemon Ginger Iced Tea
Yum! For the record, we had the Greek Salad minus the Chicken, super delicious. For dessert, Deirdre wanted vanilla cupcakes with a raspberry buttercream frosting. They were eaten so fast, I never got a photo, so I have to make them again and share the recipe! Oh the problems I have to endure! This is one of those comfort meals that my whole family loves!
Tips to make Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic:
- It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven!
- If using large asparagi, peel the the stalks with a vegetable peeler, reduces toughness.
- Thin asparagus, no need to peel.
- If using White Asparagus, peel them as they are usually thick and peeling reduces toughness.
Awesome menu picks by my sweet Deirdre! We have a tradition for the kids during birthday week, they get to pick their favorite meals to eat during their birthday week! One of her favorite side dishes is Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic! So super easy to prepare ! ! Such a tasty side dish. The lemon adds a perfect amount of flavor to compliment the asparagus. Then there is the garlic, I need say nothing more! I think I need a snack right now!
I love that roasted asparagus with lemon and garlic is a great accompaniment to any dish, whether it be a weeknight dinner and always perfect for guests! So versatile and so many ways to prepare asparagus!
MADE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE TO SEE IT. TAG @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAY_EILEEN
LEAVE COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS RECIPE BELOW IN THE COMMENTS!
I’D LOVE IF YOU CAN RATE THE RECIPE AFTER YOUR MAKE IT! THAT’S ALWAYS AWESOME!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER, BLOGLOVIN, GOOGLE
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ medium lemon, juiced
- ½ medium lemon, sliced thin
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven 425 degrees.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus.
- Place asparagus in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, toss to coat the asparagus spears.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon, lemon zest, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes.
- If asparagus spears are thick I both trim the ends and peel the asparagus.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes