My Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie Recipe is a delicious super creamy pasty filled with yummy coconut flavor. One of my easiest pies that are always requested by family and friends. Assembling the pie takes about 10 minutes and once it is baked, you have a delicious homemade pie.
Homemade Coconut Custard Pie is so easy to make, you will never want a store bought pie again!
Make this delicious coconut custard pie with my homemade buttery flaky pie crust. Your family and friends will love the pie.
The pie has triple coconut flavor from the cream of coconut, coconut extract and shredded coconut. The perfect amount of coconut without being too sweet.
I have been planning a recipe for today, #PiDay for some time. I was chatting with my son, who's here for a visit from California.
He insisted I share this recipe for Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie! His favorite dessert and I agree, he picked an awesome homemade coconut pie recipe! Spot on amazing and delicious!
Cooking is a love of mine from a small age. In the past, I have always baked from recipes! My youngest, Dee is an awesome baker and has inspired me to get courageous and create new baking recipes.
This Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie is one that I am proud to call my own. I have made this countless times and have worked on the flavors.
My kids have loved being taste testers. Sort of like the Italian Rainbow Cookies and Pecan Crescent Cookies. The family now enjoys those cookies all the time.
FAQs on Coconut Custard Pie:
Can Coconut Custard Pie be frozen?
As much as I love the ability to make ahead many recipes. Custard Pies do not freeze well. As they defrost, they tend to get watery. Since it is an easy pie filling, it does not affect a lot. You can freeze the homemade flaky pie crust which can always reduce prep time.
How long can coconut custard pie or any custard pie be kept in the fridge?
This coconut custard pie and any other custard pie I have made stays fresh for 2-3 days wrapped well in the fridge.
What is the difference between coconut custard and coconut cream pie?
Coconut custard pie is usually milk based and coconut cream has heavy cream as an ingredient. My coconut custard pie takes the best of both, coconut cream and milk make an amazing pie filling.
How can you tell when the pie is done?
Use the jiggle test, when you gently move the pie, the center should just slightly move, not jiggle a lot and your pie is done baking.
Is coconut custard pie best served cold or warm?
Coconut Custard Pie can be served either cold or warm. Personally, I love it cold!
I have been thinking, how long have I been making this coconut pie, I wish my math was wrong but it's at least 30 years. I wish I could tell you I came out of the womb making this pie, haha!
However, to be positive, this is such a popular pie with my family and friends. It is one of my most requested pies and it's really easy to make!
I have a homemade flaky pie crust, that is so flaky and delicious. I make a few at a time and freeze the crusts for another day.
Please feel free, if time is an issue to use a store made pie crust, no judging here, ever! We all have busy lives and adjustments are needed.
If I am in a time crunch. I'd rather make a healthy under 30 minutes meal than make a pie crust. It's all about moderation.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thank you so very much for being apart of Everyday Eileen!
Shop to make Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie:
- Ninja Blender/Food Processor: I upgraded to this after my blender burned out! Love it! Durable, easy, always a great job!
- 9 ½ inch round pie pan: My first glass pie pan. I still use is this one! My Granny gave me one in high school.
How to make Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie:
- Either make a homemade flaky pie crust or store made.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and combine for about 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut custard to the pie crust.
- Bake the coconut pie at 350 in center of oven. Begin checking at 30 minutes. The middle will jiggle slightly when done. The coconut custard pie will finish cooking as it cools.
Here are a few other tasty coconut recipes:
No-Bake Coconut Date Energy Bites
Frozen Vanilla Coconut Yogurt Bark
ONCE YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE THE SEE IT.
TAKE A PIC AND TAG ME @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAYEILEEN
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Love this recipe, give it a 5-star rating! Comments and ratings are always appreciated.
Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie
- 1 9-inch buttery flaky pie crust or store bought
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup cream of coconut ie Coco Lopez
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut Note 1
- ½ cup sugar Note 1
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the pie crust in the 9-inch pie plate or use a store made pie crust.
- In a blender, combine milk, cream of coconut, shredded coconut, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and coconut. Blend for about 3 minutes. Add to the prepared flaky pie crust. Place the pie on a cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes. At 35 minutes, check the center of pie. You do not want to over bake. Pie is done when the center is wobbly. As the pie rests, the center continues to cook.
To Make Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie using a hand mixer
- In a large bowl, combine milk, cream of coconut, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and coconut. Blend for about 3 minutes. Add the coconut mixture to the prepared flaky pie crust. Place the pie on a cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes. At 35 minutes, check the center of pie. You do not want to over bake. Pie is done when the center is wobbly. As the pie rests, the center continues to cook.
- Once the pie is cooked. Remove from oven to a cooling rack. Let cool completely. Can be stored 2 days wrapped in the fridge. Serve and enjoy. I add no cream or any decorations as this pie is awesome on its own and needs nor further sweets. Feel free to add whip cream if you feel it.
Pin this yummy Old Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie Recipe to make later:
Pi Day Pie Recipes:
- Brownie Mint Pie by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Mint Pie by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Velvet Pie with Meringue Crust by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Streusel-Topped Carrot Pie by Cooking With Carlee
- Coconut Chess Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Crazy Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie
- Easy Buttermilk Pie Recipe by West Via Midwest
- Strawberry Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart by The Redhead Baker