Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup is going to make you happy! It is so flavorful and has a nice amount of spice. The chicken slow cooks and develops the perfect texture that’s juicy and delicious. Everything goes into your slow-cooker, go about your day, and come home to an amazing dinner.
Be sure to check out all the amazing recipes for #Back2School and the giveaway below the recipe!
Today’s post is sponsored by Barlean’s, Hamilton Beach, and Rhodes Bread as well as Crispy Green, The Spice House, and PackIt. However, all opinions are my own. #ad #Back2School
You are going to love this slow cooker chicken soup. We make it with my homemade enchilada sauce.
Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone if you use a can of enchilada sauce. My sauce takes just a few minutes to put together and freezes really well. I’d love it if you made a batch of my sauce for this soup.
No time, buy a can of enchilada sauce….no judging here!
That said, this quick and easy chicken enchilada soup was the first thing that came to mind for a great back to school dinner recipe.
Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup
Dump, what a word, yet it fits this recipe so well. We can say gently place all your ingredients into the slow cooker. Dump just makes me giggle – it’s the little things in life that keep us going.
Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup ingredients
- boneless chicken breasts
- homemade enchilada sauce or store bought
- diced tomatoes
- diced onion
- minced garlic
- green chiles
- chicken stock
- black pepper
- garnishes: jalapeños, sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced avocado
Can the soup be made in advance?
Can I freeze chicken enchilada soup?
This soup is a great make ahead soup and freezes really well.
I don’t have a slow cooker, can I make this soup on the stovetop?
What can I serve with Chicken Enchilada Soup?
A tasty Weight Watchers Poblano Caesar Salad would be delish!
Pro Tips to Make a great slow cooker chicken enchilada soup
- Cook on low 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Rinse the beans before you add them to the slow cooker to remove the liquid from the can.
- Use low-sodium chicken stock to reduce excess sodium.
Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup variations:
- For added creaminess, add some cream cheese at the End of cooking.
- Add some extra veggies like peppers or jalapeños
- Use beer in lieu of chicken broth for a flavor twist.
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Place chicken, enchilada sauce, onion, garlic, green chiles, black beans, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, into the slow cooker.
- Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Shred chicken and add back into soup.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sliced jalapeños, sour cream, chopped cilantro and enjoy.
Give us a like on FACEBOOK
For great recipes and tips, follow along on Pinterest
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Are you loving this recipe, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 32 ounces chicken stock, low-sodium Note 1
- 14 ounces homemade enchilada sauce Store made enchilada sauce can be used. Note 2
- 15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed
- 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes Note 3
- 4 ounce can of green chiles, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or canned corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin Note 4
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon black pepper, depending on your preference
- salt, to taste
Garnish for Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
- sour cream, optional
- shredded Mexican cheese, optional
- jalapeno, optional
- fresh cilantro, optional
- Into a slow cooker combine chicken breast, chicken stock, enchilada sauce, black beans, diced tomatoes, chopped green chiles, diced onion, and minced garlic.
- If using store made enchilada sauce add in the cumin. Using my recipe for enchilada sauce. Wait until recipe is finished slow cooking. The recipe usually doesn't need extra cumin.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Place lid on slow cooker. Set timer for low, 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- When cook time is complete. Chicken will be cooked through. Remove and shred the chicken.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker. Check seasoning, add cumin if needed.
- Serve with garnishes above.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
#Back2School Recipe Inspiration
It’s hard to believe it’s already time to be talking about going back to school! It seems like summer just flew right by! To celebrate and help get you ready for this busy time, we’ve got loads of great back to school recipe ideas for you, along with an awesome giveaway.
For more amazing #Back2School recipes, please follow our #Back2School Pinterest board. Be sure to also check out my fellow bloggers participating all week long for more delicious dishes!
Blogghetti, Bowl Me Over, Cindy’s Recipes and Writings, Cheese Curd In Paradise, Cooking With Carlee, Doodlecraft, Everyday Eileen, Family Around the Table, Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, Juggling Act Mama, Karen’s Kitchen Stories, Mandatory Mooch, Palatable Pasttime, The Schmidty Wife, and Wendy Polisi.
The giveaway includes the following prizes:
- Omega Pal’s Prize Pack from Barleans
- 1 item (winner’s choice from featured products) from Hamilton Beach
- Cookbook and coupons from Rhodes Bread
- 4 six-pack bags of Crispy Fruit snacks (mixed flavors) from Crispy Green
- Best Sellers Collection Gift Box from The Spice House
- Freezable Lunch Bag + Mod Lunch Bento from PackIt
Official Rules and Conditions: One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Open to US residents 18+ only. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 08/21/2019. Enter using the widget below.