Easy low-fat and low-calorie Weight Watchers Caesar Salad with Poblano Dressing is so easy to make and so delicious! The best part is that I can enjoy Caesar Salad and not eat a high calorie dressing! With summer upon us, I don’t want to be wearing my fat pants!
My family loves Caesar Salad and I am always looking for ways to make the dressing lower in fat. That is one reason why we totally love this recipe! It delivers a fantastic Caesar dressing and it doesn’t deliver extra calories! This is now in the regular rotation for my family! It is super light and in the summer, we love this as a lunch salad or a main salad and I can add in some grilled chicken and we are set!
A combination of low-fat buttermilk, roasted poblano pepper, reduced-fat mayo, lime juice, minced garlic and in less than a half hour you will be enjoying this yummy Caesar Salad with Poblano Dressing! This makes a super scrumptious low-fat dressing and its a weight watchers dressing so you can keep wearing those skinny pants! I like to double the dressing make mason jar salads! I put the dressing in the bottom and layer Kalamata olives and the lettuce on top! The family eats these throughout the week! Super tasty!
I hope you enjoy this tasty Caesar Salad with Poblano Dressing and send me a picture on Instgram using the #everyday_eileen! I would love to see your recipe and re-post it!
Weight Watchers Caesar Salad with Poblano Dressing
- 1 small poblano pepper
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- grated zest of ½ fresh lime
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 12 ounce package romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 cup fat-free croutons
- ⅓ cup coarsely grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives
- Preheat broiler.
- Roast the poblano pepper, about 5 inches from flame, char poblano pepper on all sides, about 8 minutes. Place in a zip-close bag for about 10 minutes to let steam skin off the pepper. Remove seeds and stem and mince pepper.
- Prepare the dressing, transfer minced poblano to bowl. Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, and salt.
- Whisk until blended.
- Add romaine, croutons, Pecorino-Romano cheese, and Kalamata olives.
- Toss until lettuce coated evenly with dressing.