Chicken Scarpariello with Cauliflower and Artichokes is a delicious one-pan meal! Low-fat version of a very popular dish chicken recipe using chicken or turkey sausage! Great for family meals and is easy to make in larger portions for a family gathering!
Growing up on Long Island bring me many happy memories! The beach, fantastic pizza and amazing Italian restaurants are everywhere! I love my beach and visit often! I have recreated many recipes that I have eaten in many of the wonderful Italian restaurants. I also grew up surrounded by amazing cooks who have all given me many recipes to work with! A recipe for Chicken Scarpariello was a regular by many of those amazing home cooks! Full of flavor from the chicken, Italian sausage, hot cherry peppers and red peppers! Yum!
This uses one half of a cauliflower! Feel free to use the other half to make Cauliflower Tabbouleh! Seriously, a tasty salad that is delicious and low-carb, win-win! This recipe is much lower in fat by removing the skin of the chicken breasts and using either turkey or chicken sausage instead of pork sausage. A wonderful way to have a meal that is guest/family ready in no time that is healthy and there is no sacrifice in flavor!
We really love this lightened up version of Chicken Scarpariello, I love that I can make this fairly quickly and have on the table for my family. Feel free to prep this as a freezer meal. This is a company ready dish that would make them stay for a week, maybe longer so back it up with a contract for them to leave within 5 days or you will have new residents! Just letting you know!
I really hope you make and enjoy this recipe and pin it to your favorite Pinterest board Pinterest board! I’d love you to follow my Pinterest Boards, I am always pinning from awesome food and DIY bloggers!
Follow along to never miss updates on recipes, DIY, and travel:
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Disclaimer : I was provided with these cookbooks to review. All opinions are my own and are not influenced by the sponsor of these books!
Chicken Scarpariello with Cauliflower and Artichokes
- 4 Bone-in chicken breasts, cut in half,skin removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 whole chicken or turkey sausage, sliced thin
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, peeled, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup artichokes, not in oil
- 2 whole hot cherry peppers
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat Dutch oven over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add sliced sausage, stirring till browned about 2 minutes.Transfer sausage to a plate.
Raise heat to medium, add the chicken to brown both sides, 4-6 minutes per batch and also set aside.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pot. Add cauliflower, red pepper, onion,and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add the artichokes, hot cherry peppers, and white wine to the pan.
- Let wine reduced to about half, add back in chicken and sausage and the sprig of rosemary.
Add in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, simmer till chicken cooked through, about 25 minutes,
Use a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and veggies to a large bowl. Bring liquid to a boil, let boil to reduce to about two thirds and thicken, about 15 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
- Can keep in refrigerator for 4 days, covered.
- To freeze: Chill in fridge for 30 minutes. Place in freezer bag for up to 3 months. Once defrosted, reheat in oven at 350 degrees for 15 inutes.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
- Recipe adapted from You have it Made by Ellie Krieger