Marinated baked chicken drumstick recipe, our go-to easy recipe for an easy dinner! A flavorful marinade on chicken legs that are baked in the oven. The result is the most crispy and juicy chicken!
In a pinch for a great dinner without a lot of fuss, this chicken leg recipe is it!
Easy and delicious marinated chicken legs!
The marinade for the chicken takes just a few minutes to put together. Even better, the ingredients are everyday spices so an extra shopping trip is rarely needed!
My Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks have been such a hit! I have gotten a lot of requests for some other chicken leg recipes!
So, today I thought I’d share another easy recipe that my family has often! My family's famous marinated chicken drumsticks!
Marinated Chicken Drumsticks
This recipe is a regular in my families meal rotation! It's also one of those recipes that everyone loves. I love it because it's so ridiculously easy!
These chicken legs are perfect to bring to family gatherings, tailgating, any celebration with a crowd because they're so easy to make and re-heat really well!
Baked chicken legs that have been marinated in an flavorful marinade!
Who doesn’t love making an easy dinner? These chicken drumsticks are marinated in olive oil and spices and baked to perfection! Make extra because these drumsticks go fast!
Marinated Chicken Drumsticks Ingredients:
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- dried thyme
- salt and pepper
Baked marinated chicken legs are juicy and flavorful!
Marinated Chicken Drumsticks FAQs:
Why do you marinate the chicken?
Marinating adds flavor and makes the meat juicier!
Can baked drumsticks be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze raw drumsticks in the marinade. The marinade will infuse flavor into the chicken as it defrosts.
Can I bake the chicken ahead of time?
Yes. Make the chicken up to 2 days ahead and reheat at 300 degrees.
What is the best oven temperature to bake the chicken legs?
After a lot of testing, bake the chicken at 425 degrees. This helps give a great crispy crunch to the exterior of the chicken and keeps the interior juicy.
What is the correct temperature for baked chicken?
The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Before I marinate the drumsticks, can I remove the chicken skin?
Absolutely, feel free to remove chicken skin. You won't miss the extra calories and the chicken tastes great.
You should check out these tasty chicken recipes that we love:
Low Carb Chicken Piccata - one of my most popular recipes and it is gluten-free and keto.
Dry Rub Chicken Wings - perfect for an appetizer, tailgating, family fun food.
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore - a one-pot meal that delivers flavor.
What sides go well with marinated chicken?
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes - not much better than my Granny's creamy, fluffy, buttery mashed potatoes.
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes - love to bake these in the oven for the crispiest taters.
- Roasted Corn on the Cob - sweet buttery corn pairs perfectly with chicken.
- Roasted Asparagus - Add a great veggie with your drumsticks!
- Summer Vegetable Medley - A great array of veggies for a tasty side dish!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com
Shop the recipe:
- ThermoPro TP-16 Large LCD Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer: Use a meat thermometer, so important for accuarate reading of meat.
Don’t forget to shop the Everyday Eileen store on Amazon!
Pro tips to make baked chicken drumsticks:
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Pat chicken dry before baking.
- Bake at 425F degrees to ensure a nice crispy brown coating on the chicken.
- Turn the chicken over after about 20 minutes in the oven which will ensure great color to the chicken.
How to make marinated chicken drumsticks:
- In a bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, honey, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, thyme, pepper, and salt.
- Add the drumsticks in a large plastic sealable bag with the marinade and seal it closed.
- Place chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight.
How to bake chicken drumsticks in the oven:
- Remove chicken from marinade, pat chicken dry.
- Bake in preheated oven on a baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken, bake for 20-25 minutes to finish cooking.
- Internal temperature of the chicken legs should reach 165 degrees.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below!
I have a new cookbook out and it is in pre-sale right now, you can get all the info to order a copy of Quick and Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook. All the recipes are ready in under 30 minutes.
Be sure to follow along on:
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Easy Marinated Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- 10 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed Note 2
- cooking spray
How to make Chicken Drumstick Marinade
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, Worcestershire Sauce, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and black pepper. Add salt to your preference.
- Pour the marinade into a large storage bag along with the drumsticks. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
How to bake chicken drumsticks
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, pat dry. Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in center rack of oven for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and bake another 20-25 minutes. Internal temperature of chicken should be 165°F when cooked through.