Enjoy Keto Dry Rub Chicken Wings which are coated in a savory blend of spices that are not too spicy yet have a zing of heat that is just billowing with flavor. The perfect treat for those who want a tasty treat without too much spice. Pair with homemade blue cheese dressing or honey mustard sauce.
Perfect for snacks, tailgates, family dinners - we love bringing these along to potlucks!
This is a savory dry rub that has the perfect amount of spices! The chicken wings are baked and the end result is amazing zesty wings with a crispy exterior and the most tender meat.
I bake the wings at high heat, and they get really crispy and crunchy. Serve these with some blue cheese or ranch dressing. Yum.
What is the best seasoning for these dry rubbed chicken wings?
- black pepper - a staple spice that adds a nice sharp flavor to the wings.
- celery salt - adds a nice subtle spice to the wings.
- dry mustard - balances the spicy flavors.
- garlic powder - a nice hearty flavor for the wings.
- onion powder - a sweet flavor to balance the paprika.
- paprika - a nice smoky spice.
- Kosher salt - a staple ingredient that adds flavor
- chili powder - optional – if you prefer a little more spice
- ground thyme - optional -
Add a teaspoon of Italian Seasoning for a nice addition of flavor.
Try a teaspoon of Herbes de Provence for a different herb flavor.
Use a teaspoon of my Homemade Cajun Spice Blend, for a cajun flavor.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, absolutely. Make the chicken wings ahead of time. When ready to serve, reheat wings at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes till warmed through.
What is the internal temperature of cooked chicken?
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature which should be 165 degrees according to the foodsafety.gov.
Can I freeze the wings after they are baked?
If you have leftovers, they freeze really well. I use my food saver to freeze my wing. A durable freezer bag work too. Use within 4-5 months.
What is the best oven temperature for crispy wings?
For dry rub wings, 400 works best in my oven. If you find your wings are not getting golden brown, raise oven temp to 425F.
Is this a low-carb recipe?
Yes. I created this recipe to be a low-carb chicken wing recipe. It is also keto.
Can I use the dry rub on any other cuts of poultry?
Absolutely. This dry rub is delicious on all cuts of poultry, from roasted chicken to bone-in chicken breasts. This also works on boneless chicken and thighs.
Favorite side dishes:
Brussels Sprouts: one of my personal favorites. Low-carb and delish!
Roasted Asparagus: Another yummy side dish that's also low-carb.
Jalapeno Popper Dip – having a party, these pair well on the wings.
Homemade Boursin Cheese – a great cheese dip and feel free to dip the wings into the cheese.
Beer Cheese Dip - melted cheese goes with everything!
Montreal Steak Seasoning Dip from Meaghan, 4 Sons R Us is a great dip and would pair so well with these wings.
Tips to making great Dry Rubbed Chicken Wings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, so the wings go into a hot oven.
- Use a baking sheet with a rack so the wings cook well all over.
- Use a paper towel to dry off the wings before adding the oil and rub. Ensures the rub sticks well to wings.
- When placing wings on the rack, space the wings at least an inch apart so they cook evenly.
- If you have the time, place the rub on the chicken the night before and keep covered in the fridge overnight.
You may also enjoy these recipes:
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are a great way to enjoy wings.
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings: my friends the wings are epically delicious! Enough said!
- Grilled Spicy Chicken Wings: A spicy grilled wing recipe that the family loves.
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce: You will love the flavors of this chicken, yum.
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wrap: a low carb delicious lettuce wrap.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com.
- Baking Tray with Rack: Love this baking tray. Great for roasting.
- Meat Thermometer: Always use a meat thermometer to verify the doneness.
Check out my shop, Everyday Eileen I share all my favorite finds!
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make your dry rub.
- Cut up your chicken wings.
- Season your chicken wings with the dry rub.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- When chicken wing temperature should be 165 degrees when done.
Give us a like on FACEBOOK
For great recipes and tips, follow along on Pinterest
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Are you loving this recipe, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated
Dry Rubbed Chicken Wings
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil Note 1
- 2 pounds chicken wings, drums and wings
Dry Rub Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder optional - Note 2
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin optional - Note 2
- blue cheese dressing optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Make the Dry Rub
- In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, onion powder. black pepper, paprika, dry mustard, dried thyme, celery salt, and salt.
- If adding extra heat, add in the chili powder and cumin.
Prepare the chicken wings with the dry rub.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the oil on the wings. Make sure the wings are well covered with the oil.
- Sprinkle the dry rub on the chicken wings.
- Use your hands to rub the dry rub all over the wings.
- Place the wings on a rack on a baking tray.
- Bake the wings on the middle rack in oven for about 40 - 45 minutes.
- The internal temperature of the wings should be 165 degrees.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing or your favorite dipping sauces