Homemade Cajun Seasoning is a tasty blend of spices that is quick and easy to assemble. The DIY Spice blend is made with common pantry staples to make an affordable mix to use on your favorite chicken, pasta, cauliflower, and more. The recipe possibilities are endless!
I love spice rubs and the flavor the spice adds to any meal! Besides affordability, most ready-made seasoning blends have an exorbitant amount of sodium and other ingredients no one can pronounce. Also, most of the ingredients are already in the spice cabinet and it takes just a few minutes to combine and we have an inexpensive spice blend.
Homemade Cajun Seasoning
I make a lot of homemade seasoning blends and I plan on sharing more of these with you because they are so inexpensive to make and truly add great flavor to many recipes. I hope you check out my Homemade Seasoning Salt, which is great as a seasoning for so many things like fish, veggies, and I even add it to salad dressings!
- Smoked Paprika: The smokiness adds amazing flavor. In a pinch, regular paprika can be used.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cajun flavors are all about spice, cayenne pepper gives you the spice needed.
- Ground Thyme: Adds an earthy balance to the spices.
- Dried Oregano: Another herb to balance the spices
- Onion Powder, Garlic Powder: Needed to round out the spicy flavors.
- Black Pepper, Salt: Everything tastes better with both of these seasonings
What is Cajun Seasoning?
Cajun seasoning is a spicy blend of seasoning that adds robust flavors to your favorite chicken, pork, pasta, and BBQ recipes. This is the seasoning I use for my Whole Roasted Cajun Cauliflower. It is a whole lotta Yum! My daughter has been requesting it daily.
Store seasonings in mason jars or well-sealed containers for up to 6 months in your pantry.
Cajun vs Creole
According to Louisiana Travels, the big difference is creole uses tomatoes and Cajun does not add it for flavor.
Whole roasted cauliflower is one of my favorite treats and we use cajun seasoning to put this cauliflower over the top delish.
My friend Lisa, who writes Low Carb Yum, has a delicious recipe for Creamy Cabbage Beef Casserole and Cajun seasonings blend the flavors so well.
I love Robin’s Keto Cajun Crackers, from Mom Foodie, these crackers are delish.
Shop this Recipe
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- smoked paprika: I use this spice all the time. Adds great flavor to so many recipes.
- small mason jars: use these for holding spice blends and pestos
Don’t forget to shop at the Everyday Eileen store on Amazon!
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below!
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Homemade Cajun Seasoning Blend
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, and salt. Store in an airtight container.
- Please note, all nutritional information is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary on ingredients and proportion sizes.