These Garlic Herb Roasted Red Potatoes are a quickly prepared side dish. I particularly like using new potatoes for this recipe, as they are small so no cutting is needed for the potatoes. Simply scrub your potatoes and prepare the dressing and the red potatoes are ready for the oven.
These Garlic Herb Roasted Red Potatoes have been family favorite for years! They are so easy to assemble and they are perfect for any night of the week! Even better, they are a perfect side dish for a family gathering and Holiday celebration! These are always a staple at family parties. They are easy to make ahead of time, re-heat really well, and a big plus, not expensive to prepare!
Tips on making Garlic Herb Roasted Red Potatoes:
- The herbs in this dish can be flexible. For this dish, I used parsley, tarragon, and thyme. Feel free to use other fresh herbs you have handy. In a pinch, I have used dried herbs.
- I like to use either olive oil or grapeseed oil. You can also vary your personal choice of oil. I use 2 Tablespoons per pound of potatoes.
- These potatoes are an easy make ahead side dish! Reheats easily and perfect for feeding a large crowd!
This is an awesome side dish for dinners and I have also served this at Brunch! These Herb Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes pair well with many dishes. Some of my favorites if you like this at brunch would be Spinach and Mushroom Frittata, Apricot Bourbon Maple Glazed Ham, and a nice beverage for the brunch should be How To Make The Perfect Bloody Mary.
Here is a short video with instructions to make Garlic Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
Pin these Herb Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes to your favorite Pinterest board HERE!
Save this recipe to your FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS! Follow along on PINTEREST! I’m always pinning from talented and amazing bloggers with creative recipe and DIY ideas!
Tag #everydayeileen or @everyday_eileen on Instagram with your recreations of my recipes! Love seeing and sharing what you create!
Follow me to get lots of amazing recipes and ideas connect on:
Subscribe to my newsletter to never miss a recipe!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Herb Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds new red potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub the red baby potatoes. Pat them dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, chopped parsley, tarragon, thyme, minced garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the red potatoes and coat the potatoes completely with the herb mixture.
- Spread the potatoes on a cookie sheet to lay flat and cook for about 45 minutes. Turn the potatoes occassionally to crisp and cook completely
- Check the potatoes by pricking with a fork after 45 minutes. The fork should easily prick the potato. Once cooking complete, serve immediately. If making ahead., keep in fridge until ready. Reheat to warm
- Feel free to adjust the herbs as to what you have available.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.